• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last day to place a Trunk Show order, so I thought I'd wear my pair that need a little VSC/Bick's/ShellJuiceOfYourChoosing. While I'm not participating this time, I do want to remind everyone not to forget about burgundy as a color. I get it, it's easy to do. Everyone wants to talk about the "rare" colors, but there's a reason that people conflate the color burgundy with cordovan.

When I ordered mine, burgundy was not an option for the Higgins Mill. Between then and now, it's become a standard makeup. But, there's nothing "standard" about this makeup. Natural split welt and v-tread sole. You're not getting those options outside a trunk show.

Everyone's talking about green this and blue that and marbled brown and chili. I get it. They're fun colors that don't come around too often. But, hey, burgundy is fun, too! And, hawt! How sexy would a burgundy Hamilton be? Totes sexy, that's how much. That new Landon looked pretty great in burgundy in the promo materials. But, if you ditched the black welt and went antique? Hubba-hubba!

Don't sleep on burgundy!

Love,

Donkey

IMG_4207.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I needed to talk myself through it. I had originally planned to get a bourbon MacNeil in the trunk show. With no MacNeil in the show, this is just as good or better. They need to go to bedos for toe taps though.

The Bourbon shell MacNeil should not be considered a duplication with your natty MacNeil. Should you ever be given the opportunity to get a pair of them, jump on them too.

IMG_9425 2.jpg

But then again, I also think you should find out if the forum member has more that he needs to move along.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Bourbon shell MacNeil should not be considered a duplication with your natty MacNeil. Should you ever be given the opportunity to get a pair of them, jump on them too.

View attachment 1467145

But then again, I also think you should find out if the forum member has more that he needs to move along.
I agree’ a bourbon shell with a natural edge would be very different! However, I think I’d choose chili instead

tikis_chenchi

Reaction score
I need opinions!
I definitely want to get bourbon strands for the TS but I was not sure of the sole.

i was leaning towards double jr, but I now want something different. Would red dainites be too flashy?? Or maybe stick to the chestnut dainites?

Last edited:

schweezly

Reaction score
I need opinions!
I definitely want to get bourbon strands for the TS but I was not sure of the sole.

i was leaning towards double jr, but I now want something different. Would red dainites be too flashy?? Or maybe stick to the chestnut dainites?

I think it depends how much you want to use them. Personally, I have Bourbon Leeds and find them to be more versatile than I thought. I probably wouldn’t get them on red though.

that chestnut Dainite is calling to me though. Almost any color shoe would look great on that

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

View attachment 1467145

I usually prefer calf skin over shell but I would not be able to stop myself from buying a pair of these.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a few minutes of phone time w/ the always pleasant, always lovely @ae_ashley. Lobbied for the return of Bradleys & football grain leather (you're welcome, @mreams99).

In memoriam, the shell Bradley...

View attachment 1467176

View attachment 1467172

View attachment 1467175

View attachment 1467174

Gone, but not forgotten.
Thanks for your help!

I am patiently waiting for news of a football grain Higgins Mill. If that doesn’t happen, I guess we can always do a custom order with Rancourt.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help!

I am patiently waiting for news of a football grain Higgins Mill. If that doesn’t happen, I guess we can always do a custom order with Rancourt.
What??? R. has Horween Football grain leather???!!??

That's dangerous.

(I did see that @mdubs got a couple of unicorn pairs from R including #4 shell loafers and reverse shell boat shoes. Anything is possible, I guess.)

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads