• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im not sure, I think they look interesting in most colors. If I went black sole though I can only see getting Marbled, navy or maybe chili (in my opinion). Green would work but not sure how often I’d wear that combo

with the A-trainer sneaker though I was between 2 sizes with the Normal insole. And I favor a snugger fit
I ordered the marbled cognac with a red sole! I considered black sole. I think brown would have been ideal. I really don't know why more people arent doing green with red sole as a Jingle Bell version that is super casual.

Maybe my sneaker experiences can help. I have the cooper and wear it in my "regular" size of 10.5D. I pulled the flyform out and exchanged it for one of my custom orthotics. I have crazy skinny ankles, so there is a bit of space there, but the fit is great. The extra space is just visual--the fit is fine. I have two "Uno" model sneakers from Cobbler Union. Cobbler Union doesn't make sneakers in half-sizes; so I had ordered them in 10 and 11. The 10s were very tight and wouldn't work--regardless of which orthotics or the standard insole I tried. The 11s feel slightly big, but they actually fit perfectly with a custom orthotic inserted.

I have found that sneakers and boots tend to be a little more forgiving than dress shoes on fit, which is one reason why I have a boot-heavy collection. I consulted with my store rep and AE reps on Facebook about sizing for the sneaker. I had explained that I wear a 10.5D in the 65, but that is with a custom orthotic inserted. If I take out the orthotic, the 10.5D fit improves in the heel (because my foot is not elevated anymore), but actually gets slightly loose in the instep, where I have no arch. I explained my concerns that the 65C last would fit a bit differently because instead of adding an insert, I would be exchanging one insert for another. In the end, it seemed that the sneaker should work though. I expect the heel to be improved in fit vs the standard 65. It's possible the instep will be a little loose, but since the Cobbler Unions worked just fine at size 11, I think it will be fine.

schweezly

Reaction score
I ordered the marbled cognac with a red sole! I considered black sole. I think brown would have been ideal. I really don't know why more people arent doing green with red sole as a Jingle Bell version that is super casual.

Maybe my sneaker experiences can help. I have the cooper and wear it in my "regular" size of 10.5D. I pulled the flyform out and exchanged it for one of my custom orthotics. I have crazy skinny ankles, so there is a bit of space there, but the fit is great. The extra space is just visual--the fit is fine. I have two "Uno" model sneakers from Cobbler Union. Cobbler Union doesn't make sneakers in half-sizes; so I had ordered them in 10 and 11. The 10s were very tight and wouldn't work--regardless of which orthotics or the standard insole I tried. The 11s feel slightly big, but they actually fit perfectly with a custom orthotic inserted.

I have found that sneakers and boots tend to be a little more forgiving than dress shoes on fit, which is one reason why I have a boot-heavy collection. I consulted with my store rep and AE reps on Facebook about sizing for the sneaker. I had explained that I wear a 10.5D in the 65, but that is with a custom orthotic inserted. If I take out the orthotic, the 10.5D fit improves in the heel (because my foot is not elevated anymore), but actually gets slightly loose in the instep, where I have no arch. I explained my concerns that the 65C last would fit a bit differently because instead of adding an insert, I would be exchanging one insert for another. In the end, it seemed that the sneaker should work though. I expect the heel to be improved in fit vs the standard 65. It's possible the instep will be a little loose, but since the Cobbler Unions worked just fine at size 11, I think it will be fine.

thanks, good to know. For me the biggest thing is the toebox...specifically around the small toe. I’m in between D and E...wear D is too small but E is too big everywhere else. I’ll think on it and see how I’m feeling. I may even be able to stop in a store.

personally, if I were getting white sole, I’d probably just get the calf Strand in walnut for much less. I think they look great in just not sure how well the white holds up

Maybe I should just get my Higgins that I’ve always wanted. I still favor shoes, but cordovan HM’s are wonderful

schweezly

Reaction score

forgot to say...excited to see how those turn out! Should be cool for sure

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the TS ended Sunday and was happy. Now I’m probably buying another pair of shoes because FOMO

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s supposed to rain today, which makes Dainite a good call.
I like how these shoes go with the linen, so I would have chosen them regardless.
263E7AB1-4E37-4814-BF20-089939D7B14D.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Monday in the salt mines!

PXL_20200928_144710988.jpg
PXL_20200928_144506942.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be irresponsible not to. ?

I'm fighting the urge to grab pairs of blue and green Strands while I can.
It can be very tempting during these trunk shows. The special colors that are not normally available seem extra special.

You don’t need to feel pressured to buy the green and blue Strands though. If it helps, just get one pair now. Hopefully you can grab the other pair at a later trunk show.

Jimmy R

Reaction score
It can be very tempting during these trunk shows. The special colors that are not normally available seem extra special.

You don’t need to feel pressured to buy the green and blue Strands though. If it helps, just get one pair now. Hopefully you can grab the other pair at a later trunk show.

Haha, I ordered the Cognac and Burgundy ones last week with matching Hamiltons and Burgundy Daltons, so I am super tapped out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics