• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Misaligned lace holes on Leeds drive me a bit crazy.

Hoping for reverse mojo by wearing these to place TS order (which will include marbled dark cognac Leeds)

Attachments

• F4971C40-282B-46B4-8145-C110612C914D.jpeg
    F4971C40-282B-46B4-8145-C110612C914D.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I downloaded smart closet on @Shoenut's recommendation so I could focus on the price per wear. Definitely takes the sting out.
I track total wears, wear per month, and days since last worn. I could add in a dollars per wear easily enough, but I'd never bother looking at it! I really only look at days since last worn. Highlights cell when it's reached a threshold.
Also keeps a list of total rotation/shell/calf/suede/CXL/other/summer/winter/AE/Alden, avg purchase price, etc
Capture.JPG

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nailed the dimple today, collars are perfect, Plaza last, and it's a sunny Friday. Couldn't ask for more!

PXL_20200925_145118646.jpg
PXL_20200925_144909695.jpg

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I track total wears, wear per month, and days since last worn. I could add in a dollars per wear easily enough, but I'd never bother looking at it! I really only look at days since last worn. Highlights cell when it's reached a threshold.
Also keeps a list of total rotation/shell/calf/suede/CXL/other/summer/winter/AE/Alden, avg purchase price, etc
View attachment 1465086
Sweet mercy, man. That's way more than I effort than I could ever force myself to put out. Go you!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going with one of the most disrespected pairs that AE made in recent years—the OG Shannon Drive in olive with a butyl sole on the 201. I mostly wear boots these days, but these make the short list of shoes I break out. Shortly after these were made, AE started selling first quality pairs on eBay for $119, which is where I picked them up. Or, maybe it wasn't "shortly," but it felt like they pulled these from the lineup pretty quick only to have them reappear later with slightly different leather and much different Vibram soles. Anyway, I'm not quite sure why this shoe wasn't more popular back in the day, but everyone else's loss was my gain.

Looked at my spreadsheet today amongst all the other spreadsheet talk going on and realized I'd yet to wear these mofos in 2020. Usually, I break them out on St. Patrick's day and give them plenty of wear on casual Fridays and in the summer with no-show socks. Obviously, this year isn't like most years, so they've been sitting in the closet, begging for attention. I see you Shannon Drives, and I feel you, and I respect your right to be worn. Enjoy my feet for today, you've earned them.

IMG_4183.jpg

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I answer to no one! I'm not particularly proud of the total, but it's definitely there...
The net cost (deducting sale prices) is even more discouraging!
I don't track that. I don't want to know the $, I suspect it would leave me feeling not so good lol. My spreadsheet looks a fair bit different than yours but with the same end results telling me days since last wear, number of times worn, times worn in a given year or period of months, etc.

Looking forward to seeing all the purchases make it here on the thread soon! Had to pop in to see what people were doing for this show. My time has become quite limited of late so my SF time has taken a plunge.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Random thought ahead, maybe I'm crazy.

So they do shell trunk shows. They've done a suede show. How about a CXL show? Strands in brown or natty CXL? First avenue boots? They could do some pretty interesting stuff. CXL Cornwallis or Moras?

Anyone? No one?

Last edited:

ptfly

Reaction score
First outing for my Sullivans. I wore them partially because temps are dropping but mainly to help me decide if/what I might order from the TS.
Initially Landon marbled was my pick but maybe that is sort of covered by these coffee sullivans.
My office "may" be getting more casual monday-thursday in the future so I have been cautious to acquire more dressier shoes.
Probably forgetting a few boots but I have liverpool in walnut and brown suede, tan HG, oxblood daltons, black nomads, tan hamiltons and a few casual non AE boots I am about to bring downstairs.
Considering landon or hamilton in chili with antique welt/edge (I have strands in chili with brown edge). Maybe a hamilton in marbled (not sure if I prefer brown or antique welt) or maybe park in DMC (I have a burgundy shell park).
I have green and blue really covered. Weaseling/comments welcomed.

sullivan first a.jpg

sullivan first b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads