• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who knew the natty CXL Higgins is popular, I thought the opposite. I have a pair I've worn about 5 times in terrific condition that I can seem to even give away.

It's kind of half and half. Some love it, some really dislike it. I think it's one of the best options for casual shoes, but not everyone has my good tastes. :alien:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prepare to become addicted...oh the sweet smell of freshly made shell cordovan shoes...
I'm scared, I'm mid PCS and am living out a suitcase currently. I started my new job this week and brought 1 pair of my Strandmok's with and also my kudu Patton's with, and they were just too comfortable this week. I can't believe I just paid more for a pair of shoes than my car payment, but this new job was a promotion, and today is my birthday so happy birthday to me!

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will the new natty cxl version still darken over time in a similar way, or does the waterproofing change that in some way?

Thanks for bringing it back!
I suspect it will behave like your usual chrome leather.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm scared, I'm mid PCS and am living out a suitcase currently. I started my new job this week and brought 1 pair of my Strandmok's with and also my kudu Patton's with, and they were just too comfortable this week. I can't believe I just paid more for a pair of shoes than my car payment, but this new job was a promotion, and today is my birthday so happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday!

Jimmy R

Reaction score
Now that I have several pairs of shell coming in, do I give them a super light coat of Renovateur prior to wearing like calf, a nice brushing, or do I just wear them as is until they need to be wiped down with a damp cloth and brushed?

By the way, here's my haul:

Burgundy Strands
Burgundy Daltons
Burgundy Hamiltons
Dark Marbled Cognac Strands
Dark Marbled Cognac Hamiltons

I also got a brush for each color. That should be enough to keep me content for awhile.

On another note, it would be nice to have some matching belts available for DMC. Unfortunately, I dislike the buckle on the Cordovan Avenue as well as the laser etching of the Allen Edmonds logo on the Cordovan Avenue II buckle.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Just put in my trunk show plus “regular” order and I’m doubling down on the navy.
Navy Shell Strand
Split Reverse Welt
Antique Welt/Whiskey Edge
Olive Dainite

Also:
Navy Suede Strandmok
4 pairs of shoe trees (2 in holding area for future purchases)

My Denim Strandmok’s have been feeling blue amongst a sea of varying shades of brown shoes but now they will have some other blue brethren to join them!

Thanks Indianapolis team!

Last edited:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I have several pairs of shell coming in, do I give them a super light coat of Renovateur prior to wearing like calf, a nice brushing, or do I just wear them as is until they need to be wiped down with a damp cloth and brushed?

By the way, here's my haul:

Burgundy Strands
Burgundy Daltons
Burgundy Hamiltons
Dark Marbled Cognac Strands
Dark Marbled Cognac Hamiltons

I also got a brush for each color. That should be enough to keep me content for awhile.

On another note, it would be nice to have some matching belts available for DMC. Unfortunately, I dislike the buckle on the Cordovan Avenue as well as the laser etching of the Allen Edmonds logo on the Cordovan Avenue II buckle.
Sorry not answering your question, but I wish I had you shoe budget!!

Enjoy when they get to you!

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I hate to say it but I cant believe how slow this thread is moving with the TS going on, when I first started creeping this thread I couldn't even keep up during a TS ssle
image-asset.jpeg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I hate to say it but I cant believe how slow this thread is moving with the TS going on, when I first started creeping this thread I couldn't even keep up during a TS ssle
I definitely feel you. I like being immersed in the chaos of the usual show, but this is the first trunk show during a pandemic with no mixer and everything in basically unlimited quantities. We knew it would be a bit different, and I have to say that today was still a really fun day at work. I love trunk show day and we just get so excited to keep adding to the tally as the day goes by.

So truly...thank you. To everyone who participated, plans to participate, and to everyone who has to sit it out but is rooting it on from afar. Your purchases are obviously quantifiable, but your support is invaluable.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely feel you. I like being immersed in the chaos of the usual show, but this is the first trunk show during a pandemic with no mixer and everything in basically unlimited quantities. We knew it would be a bit different, and I have to say that today was still a really fun day at work. I love trunk show day and we just get so excited to keep adding to the tally as the day goes by.

So truly...thank you. To everyone who participated, plans to participate, and to everyone who has to sit it out but is rooting it on from afar. Your purchases are obviously quantifiable, but your support is invaluable.
Honestly, this has really been something to look forward to. Thanks to @ae_ashley and the rest of the AE crew for pushing for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads