• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shhhhhhh.....Beanie Babies.......
Still the saddest photo I've ever seen--

"Nov 5, 1999, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA: Attorney Frank Totti looks over papers while his client Frances Mountain sorts out Beanie Babies with her ex-husband Harold Mountain in Judge Gerald Hardcastle’s Family Courtroom in Las Vegas November 5. The couple, who were divorced four months ago, were ordered to divide up the collection valued at $2,500 to $5000 but were unable to do so by themselves. The collection was ordered spread on the court floor and divided up one by one under the supervision of Family Court Judge Hardcastle" (qtd. in https://www.huffpost.com/entry/beanie-baby-fever-in-1999_n_58af7d12e4b060480e0661fe)
58af7f412900002200bea8f8.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed the live chat today guys! Technical difficulties, what can ya do. ??‍♀️

Excited to hear what you guys scoop up tomorrow! I noticed many of your SF brethren who I know are participating didn't list themselves on the excel spreadsheet this year.

Curious to see what a trunk show during pandemic looks like. Thanks for all your feedback so far, as always, and let me know if you have any last minute questions!
If it weren’t for this guy....

001BC14C-B955-4B99-8612-364E6F043D2B.jpeg

I think I would have gone with a green Higgins Mill (or Landon) with a flat welt and double JR.

This kitten has done well with his treatment so far. Only one more month of daily injections (and three months of observation).

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

"Nov 5, 1999, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA: Attorney Frank Totti looks over papers while his client Frances Mountain sorts out Beanie Babies with her ex-husband Harold Mountain in Judge Gerald Hardcastle’s Family Courtroom in Las Vegas November 5. The couple, who were divorced four months ago, were ordered to divide up the collection valued at $2,500 to $5000 but were unable to do so by themselves. The collection was ordered spread on the court floor and divided up one by one under the supervision of Family Court Judge Hardcastle" (qtd. in https://www.huffpost.com/entry/beanie-baby-fever-in-1999_n_58af7d12e4b060480e0661fe)
View attachment 1464255

I tried comprehending the photo prior to reading the text. The photo was beyond my understanding. Of note, my Dad is a retired attorney and sometimes did divorce work. As such, this is not totally surprising yet nonetheless remarkable.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1464255
And now that collection valued between 2500 and 5000 is probably worth 25 to 30 bucks.

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
Well Men...

I almost wore my brand new pair of Burnished Copper Strand weaves today. Since I received them 2 weeks ago, this is now the third morning that I've reached for them, only to be intoxicated by the eau-de-musc of freshly-hewn leather; the satisfying quality of the pristine soles; and the understated, timeless beauty that is the masterpiece of cordwainery known as the woven Strand. It seems so counter-intuitive to put these works of art on my feet so I can shuffle across the parking lot and into my place of work.

It is also the third morning where I have gently placed them back into the box and reached for a different shoe.

Does anyone else have similar neuroses when it comes to wearing a newly-hatched AE...?

View attachment 1463844 View attachment 1463845

those look awesome. Ordering a pair for RDA

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1464255
OMG. You aren't kidding. ?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed the live chat today guys! Technical difficulties, what can ya do. ??‍♀️

Excited to hear what you guys scoop up tomorrow! I noticed many of your SF brethren who I know are participating didn't list themselves on the excel spreadsheet this year.

Curious to see what a trunk show during pandemic looks like. Thanks for all your feedback so far, as always, and let me know if you have any last minute questions!

Hey Ashley, why does Allen Edmond call what is clearly a derby an oxford in this ad?

desktop-story-6_05.jpg

Like, this makes no sense to me?

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trunk show shoes are up on the website, fellas. Grab those green shell Strands while you still can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads