• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's more interesting is this 2020 thread was started by the strand king, and they aren't offering the strand sneaker in the TS. I just wonder how much money you would have coughed up for new versions you don't own

Don't even get me started. I really dodged a bullet on this one lol.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Interesting how the Park Sneaker outsold the Park Avenue as well, right? A lot of people in the chat seemed excited for the new sneakers, which is pretty cool.
It's a bad comparison. Anyone that cares about the sneaker already owns the regular shoe most likely.

Jimmy R

Reaction score
After careful consideration, I'm going Burgundy Hamilton, Marbled Cognac Hamilton, and Marbled Cognac Strand. I was most excited by the shell Hamiltons, because I had the original tumbled brown ones, but had to send them back because the piping was wearing away against the laces. I HIGHLY doubt that will happen with the shell version. I am also very tempted to grab a pair of Green Strands, but I just don't think I can make them work for me...

cincytri

Reaction score
Holy smokes -- sorry you are needing to raise cash, but whoa those are fantastic! My wallet is thankful they are not size 11!!!

Wearing the honey glazed Grant Stones today - close approximation to natty shell (if not basically the same but just a different name)
20200923_101220.jpg
Don't feel too sorry for me. I do not need the cash for anything important, just another selfish and expensive hobby. I have too many shoes and I will never get around to wearing some of them. I figured, apparently incorrectly, that some of the gents on this board who pine over natty shell, Dundees and MacNeils would jump all over these...

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't feel too sorry for me. I do not need the cash for anything important, just another selfish and expensive hobby. I have too many shoes and I will never get around to wearing some of them. I figured, apparently incorrectly, that some of the gents on this board who pine over natty shell, Dundees and MacNeils would jump all over these...

wish they were 10eee. GLWS!

FYI--I sold some posters this summer to fund more shoe madness. I totally get it.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wish they were 10eee. GLWS!

FYI--I sold some posters this summer to fund more shoe madness. I totally get it.

I tried to sell my Captain and Tennille posters and the interest was WAY below what I expected. Weird.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally have seen few things more uggo than the park sneaker. What a hideous mismatch of a shoe.

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can relate. COVID (and work from home) put a major damper on my shoe wearing, which led to much reduced shoe buying. How to redeploy those funds... what less productive than amassing a gigantic whiskey collection... such is life! ?

Tonight's pour... a fresh crack of a good one (assuming you enjoy uncut barrel proof bourbon that is)!
20200923_160349.jpg

cincytri

Reaction score
I can relate. COVID (and work from home) put a major damper on my shoe wearing, which led to much reduced shoe buying. How to redeploy those funds... what less productive than amassing a gigantic whiskey collection... such is life! ?

Tonight's pour... a fresh crack of a good one (assuming you enjoy uncut barrel proof bourbon that is)!
View attachment 1464160
One of my other obsessions. I traded up for one of these earlier this year. Waiting for a special occasion to crack it open. It is hard as hell to find one of these anymore. The fellas were lined up 3.5hrs early to get a shot at 6 bottles earlier this summer. Crazy!

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Horween Dublin goodness....the McTavish in 13EEE.
The 201 last works so much better than 65 last for my instep, I get no V gap in the 201.
Three different lighting (home, road, office), same camera settings.
#nofilter
20200924_100117.jpg
20200924_100136.jpg
20200924_082425.jpg
20200924_082405.jpg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I missed the live chat today guys! Technical difficulties, what can ya do. ??‍♀️

Excited to hear what you guys scoop up tomorrow! I noticed many of your SF brethren who I know are participating didn't list themselves on the excel spreadsheet this year.

Curious to see what a trunk show during pandemic looks like. Thanks for all your feedback so far, as always, and let me know if you have any last minute questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads