• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In the mood for jeans.
E2E58454-5B5B-498E-B970-168846546534.jpeg

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Please kind sir, enlighten us with your superior knowledge the one true path of shoe purchasing.
I cannot wait to see how the people buying these shell sneakers pair them and how they look. I am expecting much laughter but I will hold out judging anyone until then.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cannot wait to see how the people buying these shell sneakers pair them and how they look. I am expecting much laughter but I will hold out judging anyone until then.

I was watching local news a few days ago and the man and woman were in a full length body shot (proper social distance as well) and he was young wearing a dark suit with brown sneakers and a bright white rubber sole and edges. I know that it is "in style" at the moment but, old fart that I am, I think it looks dumb.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They ought to pair with and as well as any other sneaker, no? Denim, casual chinos. I don’t know why you’d give 5 bills for sneaks, but I’m cheap like that.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

probably the same way somebody would laugh at you for not wearing a three-piece suit every time you leave the house? Lol

One-month appointment today. I chose Chelseas

1B30E9F2-B605-4D7A-BBDD-77D7C8D93063.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think suede or CXL is a better match to the sneakers, personally, but I think as long as they don't push them to a super high shine they won't stand out as much as some think. Basically in a casual setting these could be a high patina shoe, just like a pull up leather.
Buffing to a super high shine might result in a look similar to the shinny vinyl Airwalks a friend had in the late 90s...and we ragged him about them.

I will reserve judgement until I see them on foot.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think suede or CXL is a better match to the sneakers, personally, but I think as long as they don't push them to a super high shine they won't stand out as much as some think. Basically in a casual setting these could be a high patina shoe, just like a pull up leather.
Buffing to a super high shine might result in a look similar to the shinny vinyl Airwalks a friend had in the late 90s...and we ragged him about them.

I will reserve judgement until I see them on foot.
Dark denim should work great.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longwing Monday for me with some milkshake suede.

PXL_20200921_145149876.MP.jpg
PXL_20200921_144732734.jpg

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
probably the same way somebody would laugh at you for not wearing a three-piece suit every time you leave the house? Lol
I fail to see how the two relate at all.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Monday,

Strange year in the Rockies, the leaves are changing in the mountains but it's still damn hot for this time of year in the valleys. High 80s all week, which is better than the low 100s we had in August. I'm taking my queues from the high country and switching to boots this week.

Chili HMs from TS19.2

HM_Chili_25.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads