• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1462107
Sorry for poor quality; friend did a quick scan of his mailer.
@ae_ashley I wish marketing was more consistent. I've come to terms with the Loden/Grey being the same color, but to call it olive on paper and grey on site is confusing. He went looking for it and didn't see it because it's grey on site.
One of the many advantages of olive/ loden /grey/dark taupe suede is that a random slice of avocado dropped on the foot does not leave a mark (unless you look closely). BF9111AA-CFB7-43F8-BC6E-370561283733.jpeg
Guess that’s why they are called Drop Chukkas.:rimshot:

Some cold air blew in this weekend.It may be time to put up the unlined chukkas in favor of the Dundees.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the many advantages of olive/ loden /grey/dark taupe suede is that a random slice of avocado dropped on the foot does not leave a mark (unless you look closely). View attachment 1462148
Guess that’s why they are called Drop Chukkas.:rimshot:

Some cold air blew in this weekend.It may be time to put up the unlined chukkas in favor of the Dundees.
Though, MD chukkas are sold as olive (or moss) not Loden! And there's definitely a difference.
Can anyone really tell the difference between grey and loden anyway? :hide:
Not really. Taupe too. I believe it's just batch variances.

Issue isn't that they're the same color visually, or even what color they choose to name them, it's that they are inconsistent in naming. My friend specifically wondered if OLIVE would be offered later in the year, because GREY is listed on the site. That's right! He wouldn't have bought a pair simply because they can't decide what to call them.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Though, MD chukkas are sold as olive (or moss) not Loden! And there's definitely a difference.

Not really. Taupe too. I believe it's just batch variances.

Issue isn't that they're the same color visually, or even what color they choose to name them, it's that they are inconsistent in naming. My friend specifically wondered if OLIVE would be offered later in the year, because GREY is listed on the site. That's right! He wouldn't have bought a pair simply because they can't decide what to call them.
It is Olivegate all over again.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel confident in getting a Landon for the upcoming TS. I was able to try on the Cyrus in my size. But I don’t have the same confidence in the new sneaker. Can’t get even a PA or Strand sneaker in my hands let alone my size just to look at how it is constructed and what the insole would look like. The sneaker is just too risky for me to plop down $525 to hope it fits in a size that I pick. I suppose if I were actually a D or wider, I would feel better about getting one. Guess I will just have to wait until some of these are available in calf or suede to make that decision.

ptfly

Reaction score
I feel confident in getting a Landon for the upcoming TS. I was able to try on the Cyrus in my size. But I don’t have the same confidence in the new sneaker. Can’t get even a PA or Strand sneaker in my hands let alone my size just to look at how it is constructed and what the insole would look like. The sneaker is just too risky for me to plop down $525 to hope it fits in a size that I pick. I suppose if I were actually a D or wider, I would feel better about getting one. Guess I will just have to wait until some of these are available in calf or suede to make that decision.
Interested in a Landon as well. I’m a b width. How did the Cyrus fit? Bit concerned in the cone height. Hm in b is ok for me in calf but shell is lasted bigger

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interested in a Landon as well. I’m a b width. How did the Cyrus fit? Bit concerned in the cone height. Hm in b is ok for me in calf but shell is lasted bigger
The Cyrus fit me snug enough that I feel the Shell will be just right.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful weather in greater Chicagoland this weekend. Saturday was the first time I've had real shoes on in a while, besides my boat shoes, and the first boot wear of the season. Natty Higgins at Cantigny worked out well.
IMG_20200919_152147.jpg

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday Funday. More great weather.

Donuts, coffee, and a walk around historic West Dundee with the Maritimes.
IMG_20200920_102124.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads