• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. Ending the week with TS2020 suede.

IMG_9230.jpg

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Had to post again, I just received my final TS20.1 shipment. Loden HMs on Commando. Now I mentioned that I was able to pick up seconds of these for my brother, so some of the initial visual wow factor had already dissipated. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the packaging and presentation. I've probably opened 20 pair of new AE shoes in the past year for myself and my family. I've had some that were candidly packaged by blind jumpshot. These HMs were absolutely perfect. I opened the box to a nice card saying MADE FOR ME! The boots were bagged in plastic, then individually bagged in grey shoe bags. I swear someone ironed the tissue paper. Perfect.

It's a very temporary experience, but one that lingers. I've had a lifetime customer relationship with RL Polo, and I always appreciate how carefully their products are packaged. As if I'm actually important and am receiving something worthy of attention. Well done!

HM_Loden_25.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had to eventually show up for work today.
292C5067-9E54-471D-9F05-E9B077CFC0A9.jpeg

The Cambridge feel great. I did find the imperfections that made them seconds. The heavy tool gouge is hidden by the pants anyway. And even then you have to get right up to the shoe to see it.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Had to eventually show up for work today.
View attachment 1441082
The Cambridge feel great. I did find the imperfections that made them seconds. The heavy tool gouge is hidden by the pants anyway. And even then you have to get right up to the shoe to see it.

1597439079797.png

Phoenician

Reaction score
In AE, I only own shell boots and calf shoes, aside from Randolph shell; cordovan generally is a bit too loose for me due to how their lasted. saw these on eBay and thought I'd try. Leeds in 12D, my normal size, are big around the ankles, these are 11.5E and fit very well.

Made an offer of $120 and he accepted, a nice deal on shell Leeds that actually fit. They're vintage, but little actual wear. He said they had sat near a window for some time and develoed the splotchy patina. I rather like it and think it gives it character with jeans. I guess if I tire of it, I could use tinted cordovan creme to get the original color back. I've posted a couple pic outdoors and one indoors, to see the color difference.

For 120 bucks for shell and ones that actually fit well, I'm stoked!

20200814_133823_HDR~2.jpg
20200814_133828_HDR~2.jpg
20200814_133834_HDR~2.jpg
20200814_134039.jpg

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ouch. ok. It seems to be less as I buff it. I wondered if there was some residual. Thanks for the info
Oh yeah. I can see working on the other shoe I wasn't applying enough elbow grease either

DawgPound

Reaction score
Question...looking at the black boots for sale and there are three in my size. The Higgins Mill waxed suede, Patton tumbled, and Hamilton. I’ll wear these more casual, so not thinking the Hamilton. So, Patton (I like the blue Dainite) or Higgins? I’m tempted to just buy both and return the one I don’t want. Thoughts?

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question...looking at the black boots for sale and there are three in my size. The Higgins Mill waxed suede, Patton tumbled, and Hamilton. I’ll wear these more casual, so not thinking the Hamilton. So, Patton (I like the blue Dainite) or Higgins? I’m tempted to just buy both and return the one I don’t want. Thoughts?
Do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads