• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings gents, sorry to interrupt the TS20.2 discussion.

A little coffee talk with @tcbinnc this morning. Thanks for meeting up again @tcbinnc it was great seeing you again! (Yes we were wearing masks for this photo as we were too close to observe social distancing guidelines.)

Clockwise from the top: @tcbinnc, AEFaninTampa’s dad, and @AEfaninTampa.
View attachment 1440438
Dad is adjusting the tightness of his Maritimes before committing to trimming the laces. ;)

After coffee, I headed into downtown Raleigh to browse the goods at Ealdwine Raleigh (https://www.ealdwineraleigh.com). Thanks for the hospitality @jpm1 it was a pleasure meeting you and exploring the store. Appreciate the Alden education. What a great selection of menswear: Alden, Ashland Leather, Frank Clegg, Mizzen + Main, Chup, Pantherella, and others. If you are looking for shell tab belts in colors other than AE offers, you should check them out!
View attachment 1440440
View attachment 1440441
I picked up a new Alden horsehair brush(those things are beefy!) and an Ashland natural CXL valet tray.

And of course, had to take the patented @jpm1 photo from the mirror.
View attachment 1440439
Happy Friday eve and back to your regularly scheduled trunk-sneaker show discussion...

Patiently waiting on the shell color options to be revealed...
Yes, sir! Thank you for posting on what was a great little get together! And I see you made it on to another great venue. Sorry I couldn't tag along. Darn work always gets in the way. lol. Enjoy the rest of your stay, my friend. ?

Last edited:

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes - there is a lot going on with this shoe...the McClain
0DC91713-90E9-4D63-9107-0A45F97938CE.png

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as its before noon, that's the fastest way to be labeled a tourist is to order one after lunch time, that's a breakfast drink
Eh, I’ve been called worse. Especially after drinking that much hot dairy.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a tennis shoe is to a sneaker like what a Balmoral is to an Oxford. Unlike what a Blucher is to a Derby, which is more like what a tennis shoe is to a dress sneaker?

Sounds pretty clear to me.
Clear as mud!

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Fiebings dark brown does have a lot of red in it. It’s been that way as long as I can remember.
I just stripped a burgundy pair and use the dark brown again. Let it dry overnight and I have color come off when I buff. Then I have Color come off when I apply renovateur and again with wax. So what’s the situation with colorfastness?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Half day of work if that today. There has been talk lately about the Patton and Hamilton so I picked the Patton for today.
499E5BF0-2329-4BFD-B76A-14F25A028C55.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just stripped a burgundy pair and use the dark brown again. Let it dry overnight and I have color come off when I buff. Then I have Color come off when I apply renovateur and again with wax. So what’s the situation with colorfastness?
The dye is colorfast. It sounds to me that there was some sort of sealer on the leather that the dye did not penetrate.
If you can easily remove the dye with alcohol or acetone, then you know it did not penetrate. If that’s the case, you should strip them again with acetone and start over.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dye is colorfast. It sounds to me that there was some sort of sealer on the leather that the dye did not penetrate.
If you can easily remove the dye with alcohol or acetone, then you know it did not penetrate. If that’s the case, you should strip them again with acetone and start over.
ouch. ok. It seems to be less as I buff it. I wondered if there was some residual. Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads