• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, ok...I can't help it. Two small teasers before I'm actually able to share ALL the deets:

1. Fall shell show will be held from Sep. 24th-28th!
2. Among the lineup, we will include two NEW shell sneakers that are completely recraftable. *checks notes*
Yep...yep...I think that's a first. Can't tell you how excited I am about this, but I CAN tell you that they are utterly amazing. I already have a rider list of demands for my own sneaker, and I look forward to basking in the glory of the fanciest pair of sneaks I've ever owned.

Discuss! :lurk:
Hopefully some First Aves will be sneaking into the show...

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, ok...I can't help it. Two small teasers before I'm actually able to share ALL the deets:

1. Fall shell show will be held from Sep. 24th-28th!
2. Among the lineup, we will include two NEW shell sneakers that are completely recraftable. *checks notes*
Yep...yep...I think that's a first. Can't tell you how excited I am about this, but I CAN tell you that they are utterly amazing. I already have a rider list of demands for my own sneaker, and I look forward to basking in the glory of the fanciest pair of sneaks I've ever owned.

Discuss! :lurk:
1-great!
2-sheakers?:puzzled: What is 3?
Shell face masks????

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1-great!
2-sheakers?:puzzled: What is 3?
It is ok to be skeptical but don't write them off till we see them. Epaulet did some shell sneakers that were pretty popular and looked really good. Only thing was that they were not recraftable if I remember correctly.
Shell face masks????
Hah, how would we do this? Frame it in shell with something, think harris tweed except something that allowed you to breath through it and maybe allow for a filter insert. Just can't make it be too much shell because then you'll start sweating.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, here we go. Could mean the Cheetah, or perhaps, maybe a new Strand sneaker? This definitely surprised me.

And yeah, the shell face mask -- probably not a good idea in reality. I would pass out.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4 days (Sept 23-28) is a pretty small window. TS2020.1 ran for over two weeks (Feb 6-Feb 23) and I think both TS during 2019 ran for 1 or 2 weeks as well

I have never been interested in leather sneakers but I'm intrigued by recraftable sneakers and interested in seeing what they look like

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sneakers, I mean real sneakers. Not a sneaker-looking shoe
IMG_4188.jpeg

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 days (Sept 23-28) is a pretty small window. TS2020.1 ran for over two weeks (Feb 6-Feb 23) and I think both TS during 2019 ran for 1 or 2 weeks as well

I have never been interested in leather sneakers but I'm intrigued by recraftable sneakers and interested in seeing what they look like
We are all addicts here. It just means we place our first order day one (23rd) and then our followup regrets that we left out on the last day (28th) rather than buying them opening day and waiting 2 weeks to the end to buy the ones we didn't pull the trigger on. That is generally how it works for me anyway hah.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We are all addicts here. It just means we place our first order day one (23rd) and then our followup regrets that we left out on the last day (28th) rather than buying them opening day and waiting 2 weeks to the end to buy the ones we didn't pull the trigger on. That is generally how it works for me anyway hah.

That has been my practice as well. I usually order 2-3 pair early then another 2 pair late after I have heard about other orders and experienced those first pangs of FOMO and regret

I will be curious to see how this goes. I suspect the result of the shorter window may be fewer orders from this crowd and I wonder if the traditional TS base will react well to the sneakers. Who knows, maybe they are planning a 4 day internet event as well to attract more mainstream/casual customer interest (which would make sense with a sneaker offering). Trunk Shows have always been very lightly promoted and maybe they are changing that

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That has been my practice as well. I usually order 2-3 pair early then another 2 pair late after I have heard about other orders and experienced those first pangs of FOMO and regret

I will be curious to see how this goes. I suspect the result of the shorter window may be fewer orders from this crowd and I wonder if the traditional TS base will react well to the sneakers. Who knows, maybe they are planning a 4 day internet event as well to attract more mainstream/casual customer interest (which would make sense with a sneaker offering). Trunk Shows have always been very lightly promoted and maybe they are changing that
I’m going to withhold judgement until I can see the sneakers. A recraftable sneaker is pehrpas the same to me as a Nomad or featherwelt Neumok, and I love those! A recraftable sneaker sounds like a super casual GYW shoe. If it is executed properly, I am open to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads