• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchau

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MacNeil Monday (not to be confused with Fuddy Duddy Friday).
FBB9ED38-7633-4D6E-AC20-863D14DE4E8B.jpeg
CC66688A-693A-4EB6-B799-5DCDF8D63166.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know, when Congress votes on giving out a few trillion dollars to what seems like everyone but me.

You are not alone brother.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My original plan today was to wear my long-lost brown suede Patriots. I have a hard time getting loafers to fit well, and the Patriot seemed to be one that worked (but barely). They somehow got lost and I could not find them last summer (or the summer before). I recently found them in an athletic shoe box. Evidently my feet grew just enough over the last couple of years that these went from barely wearable to “too short.”
So Plan B called for my Loden suede Dundees. I think this combination looks pretty good.
BFFEE7E0-79CC-4B6B-BD88-C70815C049A7.jpeg

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TS Bourbon for a few errands. #shelltember2020 "It may be the only good thing to come out of 2020."

IMG_9185.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can’t wait to try on the Cambridge this weekend. I hope it is clear cut on sizing.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cambridge is King. Unlike Polo, I am a huge fan of the double JR sole on the 5 last. :D
I thought a double sole would be problematic, but my size the double is proportional. I could see at a size 7 it looking very thick and visually heavy.
Still, definitely more casual...

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got it, the Jefferson, and the McAllister all in shell. All seem to fit exactly the same. Gotta say though that I'm not a huge fan of a double JR sole on the 5 last.
I have this funny issue with the 5 last. Best break is in 9.5B. Most comfortable fit is 9.5C. I am hoping that Shell will give me enough room to be comfortable and yet have a good break. I may have to wear the 9.5B several times in real conditions to find out. $500 test drive but it is worth it to dial in a size that I am happy with.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cambridge is King. Unlike Polo, I am a huge fan of the double JR sole on the 5 last. :D
I tend to like double sole, commando, or old vibram lug sole on all my dress shoes. If it is ugly, well that ain’t my problem. Feel free to rip out your eyeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads