• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Over on the west side of SMU? An older salesman there fitted me and said I’m the one guy out of 100 who should not size down 1/2 for an Indy boot. I didn’t and he was right. I wear the same size as my AE 511, 201, and 7 last sizes. Probably my high instep.
Yup, that’s the place

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carbon strands two-toned with black polish buffed to a mirror shine on the toes/heels.
IMG_20200808_2125246.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For fans of tassels and shorts.
8951E4AA-664E-4687-919D-65A0994BCF88.jpeg

long term this pandemic may be good for AE. I am seeing reports of dress shoes having a 70% decline in sales over the last quarter. The larger makers are already pivoting for more casual shoes, GYW replaced by wedge cement plain toes with tons of padding. Yet global demand for western GYW continues to be strong. Some analysts are predicting a strong rebound for Alden and C&J. If AE has the stones to keep their staples they should do well also. But expect a ton of alternative dress options. Here comes the made in India avalanche

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone on the east coast /southeast feel a tremor between 8:05 and 8:10am? My desk lamp shook and I wondered if something had hit the house. Went downstairs and my wife said she thought I was shaking the bed. I've just never noticed anything like that. It is Sunday. Maybe the trumpet will sound today....

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone on the east coast /southeast feel a tremor between 8:05 and 8:10am? My desk lamp shook and I wondered if something had hit the house. Went downstairs and my wife said she thought I was shaking the bed. I've just never noticed anything like that. It is Sunday. Maybe the trumpet will sound today....
Isn’t the Internet great?
00E1574E-EEEA-4FF4-A28E-63796211B55D.png

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hamilton and Bottas take each other out lap 2 tomorrow, Max wins and Danny Ric is second......just came to me for some reason, I think I will wear the Sea Islands to watch the race.

Vettel sure tried to take himself out at turn 1 lol.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up some Ashland products and took a few shots. Thought I would share the photos with you.
Garnet shell
41536585-817B-4E0D-9C2E-F4012C346A0F.jpeg
Intense blue shell
9D7B179D-1C99-4B73-8719-2FA8D14EEC03.jpeg
Dark green shell
2D032F7E-15CB-4138-9BBE-A973ED09DA59.jpeg
Natural shell (bottom wallet is reverse #8 but goes well with the natty)
14FFC27A-B329-4A2F-9A23-EB8E53F6939A.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up some Ashland products and took a few shots. Thought I would share the photos with you.
Garnet shell
View attachment 1438411
Intense blue shell
View attachment 1438412
Dark green shell
View attachment 1438415
View attachment 1438417
Those wallets are beautiful. Is the intense blue wallet the Fat Herbie? If so, is it flat/thin enough for a jacket breast pocket? I've been tempted to pick up a FH for breast pocket use.

Here's a question for you and the group: do you regularly use more than 1 wallet, in a rotation like with shoes? I could easily see picking up a blue shell wallet to go with my burgundy wallet, but I wonder if I would actually swap cards, license, cash back and forth each day or every couple of days or if it would just be a headache? Obviously, you have to be a leather goods nut to even consider doing so, but I plead guilty to that.

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Garnet shell
View attachment 1438411
Intense blue shell
View attachment 1438412
Dark green shell
View attachment 1438415
View attachment 1438417

I always wanted to be one of those guys that changes his watch strap and wallet to match his shoes and belt.

I admire those guys and I've even tried to be one of those guys ... but I'm way too lazy. I have several AE shell wallets of various colors but they just sit in tupperware while I use the same brown shell wallet every day.

Hell I have to work just to rotate my shoes and avoid defaulting to the same pair every day.

Maybe when I retire I'll get to be one of those guys

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always wanted to be one of those guys that changes my watch strap and wallet to match my shoes and belt.

I admire those guys and I've even tried to be one of those guys ... but I'm way too lazy. I have several AE shell wallets of various colors but they just sit in tupperware while I use the same brown shell wallet every day.

Hell I have to work just to rotate my shoes and avoid defaulting to the same pair every day.

Maybe when I retire I'll get to be one of those guys
I'm retired, always wanted to be one of those guys as well, hasn't happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads