• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at 90's catalogs last night and saw these. "Olympiad'. Lighter brown than the Broadstreet.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at 90's catalogs last night and saw these. "Olympiad'. Lighter brown than the Broadstreet.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the reason I probably won’t be Shelltembering.
1363480C-C016-4D76-AEAC-9F0886526622.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the reason I probably won’t be Shelltembering.
View attachment 1435647
About five years ago, we fostered a kitten who had been run over and was found stuck in a storm sewer grate during a rainstorm.
The local humane society took him in, amputated a leg, and stitched him up all over. They sent him to us to recuperate. He looked like death warmed over. The dogs and one of our cats immediately took to him. I think that they knew he was going to need some extra help. That little kitten attached himself to me and our pets, and after about six months he just sort of stayed with us. Around Christmas, we noticed that his appetite was declining, and so was his energy. It turned out to be FIP, which was fatal (like it nearly always is).

This new kitten came to us about two months ago. He was growing and doing great. He was almost ready for a new home. Then we noticed that he wasn’t eating very well. And his energy was declining. He had two visits to the vet, and spent about a week with them the second time. About ten days ago we were told that he had FIP, and they sent him back for hospice care. He was so weak when he came home that I was sure he only had a few more days with us.
He had a prescription that seemed to help with his appetite and we finally found one food that he would eat. We didn’t want to lose a second cat to this disease and decided to try an experimental treatment. It’s not yet FDA approved and it’s expensive. He wasn’t ready to give up though, so we’ve started him on it. He’s had five days of treatment (out of an eventual 84) and has regained his appetite, put on a lot of weight, and his strength and energy is improving significantly. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that he pulls through.
B3C2126D-E9C0-45D2-8B19-4D3DE224C740.jpeg

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About five years ago, we fostered a kitten who had been run over and was found stuck in a storm sewer grate during a rainstorm.
The local humane society took him in, amputated a leg, and stitched him up all over. They sent him to us to recuperate. He looked like death warmed over. The dogs and one of our cats immediately took to him. I think that they knew he was going to need some extra help. That little kitten attached himself to me and our pets, and after about six months he just sort of stayed with us. Around Christmas, we noticed that his appetite was declining, and so was his energy. It turned out to be FIP, which was fatal (like it nearly always is).

This new kitten came to us about two months ago. He was growing and doing great. He was almost ready for a new home. Then we noticed that he wasn’t eating very well. And his energy was declining. He had two visits to the vet, and spent about a week with them the second time. About ten days ago we were told that he had FIP, and they sent him back for hospice care. He was so weak when he came home that I was sure he only had a few more days with us.
He had a prescription that seemed to help with his appetite and we finally found one food that he would eat. We didn’t want to lose a second cat to this disease and decided to try an experimental treatment. It’s not yet FDA approved and it’s expensive. He wasn’t ready to give up though, so we’ve started him on it. He’s had five days of treatment (out of an eventual 84) and has regained his appetite, put on a lot of weight, and his strength and energy is improving significantly. So we are keeping our fingers crossed that he pulls through.
View attachment 1435663
Sending you every single positive vibe. I hope he pulls through, friend. :(

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1435663
He’s looking terrific!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If last year was any indication, we should be seeing TS20.2 info here soon.. right?

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No AEs. Just buskers.

I was there earlier this year (May?) and you could have shot a cannon through the streets it was so dead.

i think you're the only dude in America sporting a tie right now, savvy.

haven't even worn slacks since March!

Haha, thank you! Keeping it real and classy over here!

rxcats

Reaction score
That’s exactly what my order said (mine was 2x chili shell + burgundy shell strand). When I called customer service they said it had been cancelled

I’d bet yours has been cancelled as well. I’d call ASAP. Sent you a PM re this
I emailed AE 21/2 weeks ago about my May 3rd order for chili shell Daltons. They didn’t reply (said timeframe for reply is 2-3 weeks), but suddenly I have been notified that the boots have been shipped. Tracking has them arriving this Friday via FedEx. Gives me something to look forward too. Going to Foreign Cinema (in SF) for dinner next week.... I know what I’ll be wearing!

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was there earlier this year (May?) and you could have shot a cannon through the streets it was so dead.

Haha, thank you! Keeping it real and classy over here!

It was pretty dead during the week but it picked up on thursday. July isnt really the ideal time to visit as it happens :hide:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was looking back over for this. How often should 'regularly' be? Thanks
I think it varies a lot with wear, age, and material. Ask different people and you'll get different replies. Some of the bespoke makers say never needed. Seems like Horween would suggest occasionally. There's not defined time frame though. I'd say when they look and feel like they need it. Maybe once a year for mine. 30 years in a closet is too long for sure, though!

Dizzy8108

Reaction score
I emailed AE 21/2 weeks ago about my May 3rd order for chili shell Daltons. They didn’t reply (said timeframe for reply is 2-3 weeks), but suddenly I have been notified that the boots have been shipped. Tracking has them arriving this Friday via FedEx. Gives me something to look forward too. Going to Foreign Cinema (in SF) for dinner next week.... I know what I’ll be wearing!

I too ordered Chili Shell Daltons. My order was June 3rd. Wonder how much longer I will have to wait. My order was the same week the factory opened back up so I assumed there was a good backlog they would have to get through before starting mine. Seems I was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads