• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Looking at the fit of those, I'm betting anything on the 65 is tough for you!

Wowsers, you have a high instep! Do those feel okay?

I have used the word "tremendous" to describe my instep before. :) I remember in high school watching an incredulous Salomon Ski Boot rep realize he literally had nothing that could close over my foot.

My favorite last is the 678, but it is seldom used. I use an orthotic in most of my shoes which does not do me any favors on fit over the instep. But my feet always feel better with them. I wore Boulders yesterday without them and missed them.

As to fit and feel, maybe after half a century I'm used to a few things. I also give new shoes a few light wears to settle in, which always makes a difference. I'm not leaving the house today, which I why I picked these new Bartletts to wear. They need a light day or 3 to settle in. They feel like new oxfords.

I posted my McTavish last week, which are on the 65. They have become some of my favorite and more comfortable shoes, but they didn't start that way. Maybe this is a warning not to buy my used shoes. ;)

McTavish_BRN_25.jpg

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
July in the Big Easy is SWELTERIN. Gives me a case of the horribles. I remain ever grateful for the blessed modernity of central air.

20200713_173319.jpg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay the buzz is kickin in so I'll start spoilering the OT crap. French lesson below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads