• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut, Natty and Shaved Shells would be great. Strand in each would be on the menu. Maybe even a MacNeil.

Nice lineup. Question on the tan boot laces. Where did you get those? I've been on a hunt for months. Seems so obvious but none of the typical lace places have them.

Guarded Goods for the win!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's probably a good thing (for me) that they don't offer those colors. Would be impossible to pass on both of those. They would look fantastic on the Park or Strand.
When I see shaved Shell, I only see boots. And then I would pray for a 1A, Fifth Street, or a Hamilton. Any of those would be killer for me.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So those must be whiskey? I have their whiskey laces but yours don't look to be those. Maybe just lighting. I just checked their site recently and they don't carry anything in Tan/Beige.
I looked on my order. Just said "brown."

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to Shelltember
14BBD112-A092-47F0-A4CA-506CADE1240D.jpeg

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Monday forum friends,

All the banter here about the Independence collection did not escape my attention, nor did the concerns about the later shoes quality compared to earlier shoes dissuade me when pairs in my size fell below $200 on sale. I picked up both Bartletts (in brown) and Jeffersons (in walnut).

I've never seen a shoe from this line in person, and I am very happy. I've never owned a Strand (can I admit that), and while technically I still don't I'm pretty sure I could talk my way past the bouncer now.

Bartlett_Brn_25.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All the banter here about the Independence collection did not escape my attention, nor did the concerns about the later shoes quality compared to earlier shoes dissuade me when pairs in my size fell below $200 on sale. I picked up both Bartletts (in brown) and Jeffersons (in walnut).

I've never seen a shoe from this line in person, and I am very happy. I've never owned a Strand (can I admit that), and while technically I still don't I'm pretty sure I could talk my way past the bouncer now.

View attachment 1423242
Looking at the fit of those, I'm betting anything on the 65 is tough for you!

Edge finishing looks pretty smooth on these from here

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1423242

Wowsers, you have a high instep! Do those feel okay?

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1422798
?

I think the best thing about modern Horween is how they're doing a bunch of awesome new finishes on their shell.

Gone are the days of black and Color 8, give me more marbled shell, reverse shell, tumbled shell and vibrant colors like green, violet and orange!

Agreed. I currently have 2 pair of marbled shell PTB on order with Rancourt but production has been delayed with the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads