• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Women are strange creatures (no offense @ae_ashley). Your wife is probably cunning enough to have your favorite SA on speed dial and they were just playing a trick on you by telling you they weren’t available. The question is, what is the other half going to get now that you will get your shoes? Be sure to buy her something nice for “praying” for you to get those shoes. :D

:hide:
They did get corporate in on it, if that is the truth. Not a bad trick for a woman that speaks about 20 words of English.
6D61CBF4-2FB3-4FC8-B133-77ED5CB60BF5.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every color of shell that Horween makes. The only model available will be the Strand.

You’re welcome! :colgate:
You know, at some point, I want to see a spectator or special color trunk show. Then I can get my pink and blue Macneil with a pump heel.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dear auto correct, there are times that I want to use the word show. That is how I get my special shoes.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A casual Sunday requires some casual shoes.

IMG_9025.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys it is going to happen. The burnished olive weave Strand is gonna happen. I told my wife the other day that my order was canceled and she said, “poor baby, don’t worry, I will pray to get those shoes”. My thought was, don’t waste your prayers on shoes because that woman can pray a camel through the eye of a needle, there must be something more important than a pair of shoes. Well, last night my SA called me and she found a pair of those shoes in my size that AE only makes to order. To top it off they are at the current sale price. Now the real question, did she pray those shoes into existence or did she know something that I didn’t. I will probably never know.
If Mrs Shoenut ever prays for random guys on the internet, the denim suede Standmok in 13B was discontinued way too soon!

Time to take my cigar Leeds out in the wild. Maybe green laces for these bad boys.
View attachment 1422659 View attachment 1422660
the color with antique welt edge is aces, but now I see the creasing you mentioned yesterday.

AE Green shell is fantastic on the Higgie. I was thinking how great it would be on a Dundee!

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys it is going to happen. The burnished olive weave Strand is gonna happen. I told my wife the other day that my order was canceled and she said, “poor baby, don’t worry, I will pray to get those shoes”. My thought was, don’t waste your prayers on shoes because that woman can pray a camel through the eye of a needle, there must be something more important than a pair of shoes. Well, last night my SA called me and she found a pair of those shoes in my size that AE only makes to order. To top it off they are at the current sale price. Now the real question, did she pray those shoes into existence or did she know something that I didn’t. I will probably never know.

And the angel said to him, “Dress yourself and put on your olive weave Strands.” And he did so. And he said to him, “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me.”

Caleres 8-12

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the color with antique welt edge is aces, but now I see the creasing you mentioned yesterday.
You cannot see it when new. But up close to it I saw faint shadows. Basically areas of hide that are prone to stretch marks. Another thing that made me go hmmmm, was the thickness of the leather. At the tongue you can actually see upper and lining thickness. Yes, thicker than my other dress shoes from AE. I can see AE sourcing a little older calf for such a color. The leather is probably tanned a London tan at the tannery. Then they streak on some medium brown dye and pre burnish the leather. AE would finish by streaking on some dark brown and burnish them to final color. Not as easy as it looks in their AE videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads