• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh. And I would probably buy these in addition to my Rush Sts if given the opportunity. I clearly have a green problem.
If you have a burnished olive pair, your green problem will just be seen as a unique brown problem. Took the Dylan out tonight for a drink and got three comments on the wonderful shade of brown they are.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:D

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 7.23.52 PM.png

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally get where you're coming from, but at the same time this proves my point. :p
Dark upper, dark sole, light contrast welt here as opposed to lighter upper, lighter sole, dark contrast welt.

Compare to the Acorn Hillfires (not my pic):
View attachment 1419535 View attachment 1419537
They just kinda melt together. Having a darker welt would actually pull your eyes rather than just absorbing it all as one.

Kind of depends on the two pictures. In the top pic, it looks great. The contrast is there. In the bottom pic, not so much and I see what you mean.

lcdx22

Reaction score
I've seen pairs listed on Ebay for 2-3 years. One such shoe is the Jefferson in dark brown in 8 D. There was also a Rutledge on there for a long time in walnut. It would taunt me and remind me that it was a half size too big.

It's so odd to me especially in those sizes that are so common. I'm a 13 so it seems it goes a few ways. For popular models I can sell within days as there is limited listings so people jump on it. But for some models that are not everyone's cup of tea (Randolph) I've had it listed for like 3-4 months now. And not many big foot buyers. At least eBay just autorelists it. It's been long enough that I'm buying tongue pads to see if it will work for me and I'll just keep them.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's so odd to me especially in those sizes that are so common. I'm a 13 so it seems it goes a few ways. For popular models I can sell within days as there is limited listings so people jump on it. But for some models that are not everyone's cup of tea (Randolph) I've had it listed for like 3-4 months now. And not many big foot buyers. At least eBay just autorelists it. It's been long enough that I'm buying tongue pads to see if it will work for me and I'll just keep them.

I think it's often just a matter of price. That Rutledge was on there for years because it was shipping from Russia and the price was over $400 and the seller was not offering returns. Quite a big price to pay if the shoes don't work out, so I'm not surprised no one bought them. The Jefferson that is still on Ebay is priced a little too high for most buyers at $315. At least this seller does offer returns and free shipping. If the seller lowers the price to the $225-250 range, I think they will sell. This person originally had them at $400. I wouldn't mind owning them, but not at the current price.

lcdx22

Reaction score
I think it's often just a matter of price. That Rutledge was on there for years because it was shipping from Russia and the price was over $400 and the seller was not offering returns. Quite a big price to pay if the shoes don't work out, so I'm not surprised no one bought them. The Jefferson that is still on Ebay is priced a little too high for most buyers at $315. At least this seller does offer returns and free shipping. If the seller lowers the price to the $225-250 range, I think they will sell. This person originally had them at $400. I wouldn't mind owning them, but not at the current price.

Yeah the problem with AE resale is that they're always running sales so you basically gotta sell dirt cheap unless it's discontinued models.

DapperAndy

Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still getting newer pairs some time out in the wild. Acheson in dark Chili.
51C1A4B9-4CBA-43B8-9E2D-E6AAB76AB7C2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads