• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought my weaves were "Shreveports" but if the photo at the top of the page is any indicator, they're "New Orleans".

Either way I spose they better come along on the trip.

ETA: They were sold on the Bay as Lauderdales. So who knows.

Whatever I'm taking them. Woven shoes are perfect for the bayou.

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those of us from Texas know The King of the Hill is actually a documentary.

I'm not even technically "from" Tejas and I know it is. :hide:

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really hope we get asked at a restaurant if we have a seating preference. I've been waiting for an opportunity to use a line from this show since it first aired in 1999.

We could see a return to sections in restaurants.. "mask" or "non-mask". hmmm.. then my now defunct practice of collecting match books could live on through their branded masks. Ugh.

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We could see a return to sections in restaurants.. "mask" or "non-mask". hmmm.. then my now defunct practice of collecting their match books could live on through branded masks. Ugh.

I specifically ordered seersucker masks from Haspel for the trip. Even got one that pretty well matches my seersucker suit. Which sadly isn't Haspel.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pre-COVID method of paying for things that involved writing on paper....
Writing?..Paper?..

Btw, these just in.
"Best Loafer", I've heard. ☺

Attachments

• 20200706_194912~2.jpg
    20200706_194912~2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These just arrived.
I wanted the burnish olive Strands, but I also wanted to try a pair of View attachment 1419432 Strandmoks. The checkbook could only afford one pair.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who picked these up. Mine should arrive by the weekend. I'm still kind of unsure if I really like the black welt. I love everything else about the shoes.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still kind of unsure if I really like the black welt.

The black welt was my only concern, but very dark brown welt adds to the casual appearance. I also like the way the dark brown welt makes the red Dainite pop. I own many dress shoes and wanted something on the casual side.

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not the only one who picked these up. Mine should arrive by the weekend. I'm still kind of unsure if I really like the black welt. I love everything else about the shoes.
With this particular build, I see the dark brown welt as the contrast. Breaks the red sole from the uppers, allowing it to stand out and "pop" as @bluejazzmonkey mentioned.

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
Great shoes and fantastic watch! I think your theme song is "Mr. Big Stuff". Keep the watches coming! I'll live vicariously through you.
That made me laugh but thanks man, I’m very grateful to have the couple of watches that I have, though this is the last one for a while! Growing up I watched my blue collar father put on his (preowned) Rolex Datejust every morning and wear it from sun up to sun down. He still has that watch and I don’t ever want the day to come that it will be mine, so I had to go out and buy my own! Now when I slip mine on every morning it reminds me to go out and make him proud. Because I live thousands of miles from him I only get to see him once a year, but there’s something about having a Rolex on my wrist that makes me feel like he’s nearby. So yeah, they’re more than just watches to me! :)

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With this particular build, I see the dark brown welt as the contrast. Breaks the red sole from the uppers, allowing it to stand out and "pop" as @bluejazzmonkey mentioned.

I think it will work out fine for me. I do wonder if they would have sold more of this model if they would have used the combination on the olive pair. I think it would still work out great if they kept this welt and still kept the red dainite.

m_5e405b5d969d1f41897d722e.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it will work out fine for me. I do wonder if they would have sold more of this model if they would have used the combination on the olive pair. I think it would still work out great if they kept this welt and still kept the red dainite.

I totally get where you're coming from, but at the same time this proves my point. :p
Dark upper, dark sole, light contrast welt here as opposed to lighter upper, lighter sole, dark contrast welt.

Compare to the Acorn Hillfires (not my pic):
60384875.png
Screenshot_20200706-205815.jpg

They just kinda melt together. Having a darker welt would actually pull your eyes rather than just absorbing it all as one.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh. And I would probably buy these in addition to my Rush Sts if given the opportunity. I clearly have a green problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads