• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys pack a week before you leave too or is it just me?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is $113 just about cost on a Strand in suede?
6E9A1CEE-D962-4B81-ADBF-86CFBD99A79E.jpeg

Should I bust balls because one medallion is .03 centimeters off? I mean it is a $400 shoe.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made a pretty generous offer on the Higgins boot on Ebay. They countered with a price that was still way too high, considering the shipping costs and tax that were not included. I'll keep an eye on the auction and see if the seller changes their mind. Considering they do not offer returns, I couldn't risk it if there is some hidden problem with the boots. My general rule is, I don't offer more on Ebay than what I would pay AE directly.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I made a pretty generous offer on the Higgins boot on Ebay. They countered with a price that was still way too high, considering the shipping costs and tax that were not included. I'll keep an eye on the auction and see if the seller changes their mind. Considering they do not offer returns, I couldn't risk it if there is some hidden problem with the boots. My general rule is, I don't offer more on Ebay than what I would pay AE directly.
Stand your ground!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah man. J. Fitzpatrick is having a 25% off sale. Debating on whether or not to try them out with some suede austerity brogues... I really want to MTO a crazy button boot from them, but idk if I want to risk that much cash without trying the last on first.

3B850763-1B3D-48A5-AB4A-8CFAE9CA5F46.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah man. J. Fitzpatrick is having a 25% off sale. Debating on whether or not to try them out with some suede austerity brogues... I really want to MTO a crazy button boot from them, but idk if I want to risk that much cash without trying the last on first.

View attachment 1418893

I f'n love that shoe so much...I keep telling myself I don't need it, plus his lasts are a compromise and to get an EE fit I have to MTO them.

If you are E or D and have at least a mid arch, I say jump! Then you can MTO.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stand your ground!

I couldn't resist the 4028 Strandmok at 149. I was eyeing those for over a year now and couldn't take it anymore. Charleston got to me. If I ever get them resoled (what's the realistic chances of that happening?) I would change the welt from black to natural and use the beige stitching. I think the black looks okay, but would look better with the welts you see on the olive Strandmok. The red Dainite looks great though.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
St Augustine indeed. One of my favorite things to do when I travel up north is take my shoes and socks off and run around in real grass. This Florida stuff is just green weeds. ;)

Hahah. It's wild the different types of grasses in this great country of ours. :D

My denim Strandmok’s are proving to be fantastically versatile, I’m so glad I added them to my collection!
View attachment 1418889
For fans of watches (as well as pink palm trees and flamingos) in shoe threads, here’s the newest addition to my collection.
View attachment 1418891
Have a great week ahead gentlemen!

Great shoes and fantastic watch! I think your theme song is "Mr. Big Stuff". Keep the watches coming! I'll live vicariously through you.

View attachment 1418893

Ah man those are killer, especially with that 270 welt!!

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't resist the 4028 Strandmok at 149. I was eyeing those for over a year now and couldn't take it anymore. Charleston got to me. If I ever get them resoled (what's the realistic chances of that happening?) I would change the welt from black to natural and use the beige stitching. I think the black looks okay, but would look better with the welts you see on the olive Strandmok. The red Dainite looks great though.
That's the tan one yeah? Nice pickup!

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Well gents. I was unable to avoid the sale. I just put in an order and made it under the wire (assuming sale ends tonight). Didn't even buy any shoes. Just a few shirts and belts, some of which will probably go back. Oh and laces for 75 cents. The delay tactic wasn't fully successful since I didn't manage to miss the sale. However, the Bartletts that I was eyeing sold out between yesterday and today. So thanks to whomever of you bought my size since I really really do not need them. At all. Especially now that I see those J. Fitz suede austerity brogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads