• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably barely worth mentioning as the only people that will care are me and shoenut, but the Stowe suddenly showed up on clearance.

Going completely by memory here, I remember this being stiff, rigid corrected grain and included poron. Like a really tough Nashua. Size up in length or width on this one. Or save some money and go for a Schrier, they'll both crush your instep just the same.
We all know the 222 fits only so many.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure thing. Cuts down on excessive belts! Despite having 10 green and 5 blue shoes/boots, I don't own a green or blue belt. :D
That message is inconsistent with the Oath of Weaseldom.
It’s always appropriate to have a belt that matches your shoes. In fact, the best solution is to have multiple belts of each color. You can get different textures, patterns, leathers that change the look.
The correct answer is to buy another belt. And repeat.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
107324692_1458401247699239_6210251257343693111_n.jpg

107583394_3218210281564346_3182042872368699767_n.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s always appropriate to have a belt that matches your shoes. In fact, the best solution is to have multiple belts of each color. You can get different textures, patterns, leathers that change the look.
More belts mean less shoes. I showed him he can purchase a green shoe without the fear of not having a belt causing the shoe to languish in the closet. I mean seriously! Is this a belt appreciation thread or a shoe appreciation thread?
YOU are the anti-weasel here.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only partly related, but I still don’t get the “nobody: “ part of any meme that uses it.

As in "nobody says anything, but yet _____ happens." It started with things like vegans, marines, crossfitters, etc having to proclaim to anyone and everyone 24/7 that they're vegan/a marine/a crossfitter/etc. Then it branched out as memes often do.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like today is going to be a parade shoes with shorts. First up is the Eastport.
9F697699-79B9-49B2-BC87-849079975F4C.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More belts mean less shoes. I showed him he can purchase a green shoe without the fear of not having a belt causing the shoe to languish in the closet. I mean seriously! Is this a belt appreciation thread or a shoe appreciation thread?
With the warehouse sale in full force. Brogue, Strand, Olive nubuck can all be had under $40. With these prices can’t we all get both? Probably going to grab the Dylan today to go with my dark olive belt. Cause my Strand weave is still in queue to be made. Now everyone call that SA of yours and save some damn money.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As in "nobody says anything, but yet _____ happens." It started with things like vegans, marines, crossfitters, etc having to proclaim to anyone and everyone 24/7 that they're vegan/a marine/a crossfitter/etc. Then it branched out as memes often do.

Ha, yeah I guess I should say “I used to feel like I knew what this meant” when it actually made sense to use (with cross fitters/vegans particularly), but it almost always makes no sense and is unnecessary/awkward with how it is used now.
Thanks though.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The opposite would be very funny—owning only high-quality belts.

“What do you wear them all with?”

“Flip flops”

Baz72

Reaction score
I bought a used pair of oxblood McAllisters just to play around with and practice my refurbishing skills. I stripped off the old finish, added some highlighting, replaced the beat up laces, and shined them up. I'm no Preston Soto but I enjoyed working on them and will certainly wear them around. For $65, I can't complain.

Before
m_5ed6890a6f6c9170419fd9d2.jpg
m_5ed6890b2ca9ab2e7baad77a.jpg

After
20200704_092856.jpg
20200704_092949.jpg

cw-chesnut

Reaction score
I received a great pair of olive yesterday, in fact. It does happen. Considering the price you likely paid for them, they're still a good deal. Less than a minute of work on those all they'll look like $500 bucks.
What would you use to fix that? My apologies, I am extremely new to all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads