• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the new Hopkinsons for about and hour yesterday, so I thought I’d bring em back today. Not a huge fan of the creases across the caps. The right one is right along that divot in the pic I posted yesterday. The shoes fit well, so it’s not that.
View attachment 1416855
Common or not, this seems a bit extreme to me; I've got a half dozen all-day wears on my Hopkinsons and they've got a little creasing at the edge of the cap, but they don't have anywhere near this level of deformation:

20200522_hopkinsons.jpg

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Just received word that I'll likely be working at home until January. I actually don't mind at all, but the sad part is, less AE shoe wears. I'll need to put more effort into wearing them at home. I'm not complaining -- I'm grateful to still be employed right now.
yeah, my work is considering 100% telework now... since we been working well without being in the office all this time
would allow them to downsize in terms of building space. perhaps new hires that would require more hand holding during their start, but all seasoned workers... we might be 100% at home.

I was going to buy another suit off SS or SM... but... umm

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, my work is considering 100% telework now... since we been working well without being in the office all this time
would allow them to downsize in terms of building space. perhaps new hires that would require more hand holding during their start, but all seasoned workers... we might be 100% at home.

I was going to buy another suit off SS or SM... but... umm

This is why a lot of people are talking about how commercial real estate is in big trouble right now. I decided to wear my Leeds 2.0 shoes for today.

IMG_0719.JPG

dc_slicker

Reaction score
This is why a lot of people are talking about how commercial real estate is in big trouble right now. I decided to wear my Leeds 2.0 shoes for today.

View attachment 1416904
yep... my wife already worked 100% from home before. My work in DC what's kept us in the area... but, if I am allowed to work 100% telework... I can get so much more for fraction of what I paid for my house.

Buddy of mine. His wife stay home mom... his work told him 100% telework already. He did not waste any time. Sold his house here and for 250k bought pretty much a freaking mansion with a pool right outside of Atlanta, GA. His and her family are from there so kids will be close to both set of grandparents, so made 100% sense they fast move on this opportunity

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep... my wife already worked 100% from home before. My work in DC what's kept us in the area... but, if I am allowed to work 100% telework... I can get so much more for fraction of what I paid for my house.

Buddy of mine. His wife stay home mom... his work told him 100% telework already. He did not waste any time. Sold his house here and for 250k bought pretty much a freaking mansion with a pool right outside of Atlanta, GA. His and her family are from there so kids will be close to both set of grandparents, so made 100% sense they fast move on this opportunity

We're actually seeing a lot of people buying homes right now in the cheap markets and suburban areas far away from the high density cities because of this. As a result, home prices in Los Angeles (where I am) are expected to fall dramatically in the coming years. However, home prices in the cheaper areas like Atlanta could go up a little. I lived in Falls Church for a year in 2013 and asked why rents were so outrageous. I was told that DC and Nova didn't get hit as hard because of the high number of government jobs.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. Back to shoes.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Any chance anyone has tried on this suede jacket? Curious if it's more boxy like the traditional barbours or if it's pretty tapered. From the one review it sounds like it might be tapered but curious if anyone can validate.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Done, well mostly. I've never owned anything from the Independence line, but I ordered Barletts and Jeffersons. Also picked up a couple pair of Boulders, good WFH shoes.

For a relative newby here, what is penis toe? I'm afraid to google it....

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a relative newby here, what is penis toe? I'm afraid to google it....
See the image in this post for a prime example:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads