• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh from the Warehouse Sale...Black MacNeil in 10 eee--from what I'm told the last pair in the system.
Initial impressions--great shoe (haha what else would I say?) Really like how the 97 fits width wise. Compared to the 65, the shoe is indeed a bit longer and wider. Could I have sized down to a 9.5 eee? Maybe, but I ran the risk of putting my pinky toe in an uncomfortable spot. Worth the price at $395? Hard pass. At $134.84? Indeed.

The 2 "ultra specials" (or "unicorns" as Ashley calls them) from SC are with FedEx...hope to post pics when they arrive.

Hope you're all having swell days...(and if I have a "swell" day, we know the 97 last can handle the width...)

View attachment 1416372
Very nice! I own three pairs of MacNeils. Great shoe for us EEE guys.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got to wear these out, just to make sure that I don’t return. But wait, only cost $188 after 25% off. The Ostrich belt wiped out that credit and then Kim pulls out an olive Nubuck belt for next to nothing. More shoe trees needed of course. Hey Shoenut you owe a decent bill now.
65F7E002-447D-4F5E-A10C-71478A77E8C1.jpeg

ptfly

Reaction score
Got to wear these out, just to make sure that I don’t return. But wait, only cost $188 after 25% off. The Ostrich belt wiped out that credit and then Kim pulls out an olive Nubuck belt for next to nothing. More shoe trees needed of course. Hey Shoenut you owe a decent bill now.
View attachment 1416751
Olive belt? Pics?

dc_slicker

Reaction score
View attachment 1416751
McAllisters in bloodox?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
McAllisters in bloodox?
Yes sir. They are kinda pale for my liking but Kim said they were a nice shade. Kim knows best so I am leaving alone until the mood hits me.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Yes sir. They are kinda pale for my liking but Kim said they were a nice shade. Kim knows best so I am leaving alone until the mood hits me.
Yeah... other colors are back at 395, so this one for under $200 is def a nice buy.
ummm do I need it.... and I know what @Shoenut would say, but he is AE bot so his opinion won't count :)

frosejr

Reaction score
Wore the new Hopkinsons for about and hour yesterday, so I thought I’d bring em back today. Not a huge fan of the creases across the caps. The right one is right along that divot in the pic I posted yesterday. The shoes fit well, so it’s not that.

C8537127-E1C5-43F6-B6C5-9414E5DBAC83.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore the new Hopkinsons for about and hour yesterday, so I thought I’d bring em back today. Not a huge fan of the creases across the caps. The right one is right along that divot in the pic I posted yesterday. The shoes fit well, so it’s not that.

View attachment 1416855
Fairly common. Has to do with the toe puff being shorter than the caps. At one point AE had shorter caps, but it honestly looks a bit wonky. I would assume shorter caps is partially due to money, but I have a feeling they tried longer caps and had comfort issues.
Happens a lot on the 1974 as well...St Johns tend to crease into the top of the medallion.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weasel alert!

<sales pitch>
If you like calf, can get to an AE store, and have increments of $200 burning a hole in your pocket, I highly recommend the Independence line currently on sale. The leather is buttery soft and the lining is soft, too. For $600, you could have a trifecta of shoes in your arsenal.

Merlot Hopkinson (caution: penis toe may occur)
View attachment 1413011

frosejr

Reaction score
Touché

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads