• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, it was a cloud sting-ray, right before I found my phone
IMG_3374.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wife went to local thrift store today, said they had 10 pair of AE there in size 11D, I went this evening and most were gone, but what's left was REALLY BEST TO ****. I would have bought them, and given them to guys here but honestly, they were so bad, sooooo bad........

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mine as well, thanks @ae_ashley!.

Long live the Strand collection. I've lost count of how many I have now. I think we're going for 70+...

I was tempted to call bullshit on this, then I realized I have no idea how many pairs I have either.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Working from home seems to end up with more hours worked than normal. Haven't been able to check on everything going on here. Guess there's a sale on the Independence line! SF store hasn't reopened, though I probably shouldn't be spending more anyhow...

Spent some time on these yesterday and figured I would take a couple of pics for you guys...

Before:
View attachment 1408239

After (full cleaning, coat of bick4, coat of vsc, coat of saphir mdo). Seems the colors are a bit different in brighter light. Also still need to work on the welts:

View attachment 1408240 View attachment 1408241 View attachment 1408242

That is some good work! Must feel very satisfying to restore something like that, especially when it was such a deal.

Got an eBay deal of my own recently: burgundy shell Leeds. First AE derby, too. Everything else has been oxford style. Enjoying them so far, and shell on a non-boot is kind of fun.

IMG_20200629_162614.jpg

In other new, it's really nice to be eating at a restaurant again, even if it involves wind blowing half your stuff away the whole time.

IMG_20200612_173313.jpg
And one day they'll let us use soda fountains again. One day...

Hope everyone is doing well!

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found an Arlington loafer on Etsy. Know what year it's from? I can't find it in a handful of catalog searches

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found an Arlington loafer on Etsy. Know what year it's from? I can't find it in a handful of catalog searches

The soles and insoles gave me a good idea of range, then date code's last digit let me pin down year. (I had no idea so many different models were floating around in auctions currently until you started posting them all!)

Last edited:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was tempted to call bullshit on this, then I realized I have no idea how many pairs I have either.
On this thread, never call BS, heck I have over 100 pair of AE and 99% are in storage in the basement in plastic tubs.........too many shoes, not enough feet....

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The soles and insoles gave me a good idea of range, then date code's last digit let me pin down year. (I had no idea so many different models were floating around in auctions currently until you started posting them all!)
Reminds me of the Hanover days of my youth.
482D489D-4306-44FF-A04E-8878E6A11A9B.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My comment about wing tips proven yet again!

Something about long wing loafers is just cool.
We used to sell the crap out of a cowhide short wing kiltie tassel loafer. It was neck and neck with our LWB shoes.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing specatacular here but what I've ordered in this Sale so far. Have my eye on Achesons and who knows what else, too. Over the w/e, I was debating whether to purchase the apparently much maligned Daytona. At today's price I had to try it and I am hoping it fits the bill for me as a light summer shoe/slipper of sorts for indoors and patio wear as even my boat shoes feel too hot and heavy for lounging in this heat! And the belt for my oxblood MacNeils. Love those!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-29-20-30-52.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-29-20-30-52.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads