• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EVERYONE knows his mom, if you know what I mean.
tbAHCy0.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
all this suede is reminding me I still did not get any of my TS suede orders yet

Wow, with all the crap that has happened since the TS, it seems like a lifetime ago. If it makes you feel any better, I just heard I will likely get a pair this week I ordered from another maker on 12/3/18. It took 11 months just to "confirm the order." I think they had a problem sourcing the leather and the hand stitching slows down delivery. Yet more reasons to stick with AE.

split toe.jpeg

1082431-de5cb6ef66646eb0319812d4aca6f5a9.png

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: could a heritage golf shoe be recrafted to make it a normal shoe? (I don't know why pic is so small). Thanks

1591530291488.png

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, with all the crap that has happened since the TS, it seems like a lifetime ago. If it makes you feel any better, I just heard I will likely get a pair this week I ordered from another maker on 12/3/18. It took 11 months just to "confirm the order." I think they had a problem sourcing the leather and the hand stitching slows down delivery. Yet more reasons to stick with AE.

Did Alden take over the order, with Unionmade having closed shop?

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: could a heritage golf shoe be recrafted to make it a normal shoe? (I don't know why pic is so small). Thanks

View attachment 1401625
Yes. However, you can just take them to your local cobbler (though make sure they can do proper outsole stitch), and they can swap a normal sole and heel on those. That said, if you want a factory sole, AE can do a sole swap during recraft.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did Alden take over the order, with Unionmade having closed shop?

No. The shoes in the picture are from Union Made, which is the closest picture I could find of what is coming. Mine are from LaRossa and do not have the eyelets, which is sad as I like them.

BKoepke

Reaction score
IMG_20200607_054517.jpg
IMG_20200606_071807.jpg

I don't get to see my customer's reactions often, but I was fortune enough to get to hand deliver my latest project to one of my favorite AE sales associates. She loves them and rocks them in style!

Her and her manager at my local store have always provided top notch customer service and that's a huge reason I keep coming back to Allen Edmonds.

Custom dyed Purple Daltons!

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, they sure are pretty.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1401629 View attachment 1401630
I don't get to see my customer's reactions often, but I was fortune enough to get to hand deliver my latest project to one of my favorite AE sales associates. She loves them and rocks them in style!

Her and her manager at my local store have always provided top notch customer service and that's a huge reason I keep coming back to Allen Edmonds.

Custom dyed Purple Daltons!
She is a two belt SA also.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would like to ask everyone who reads this post to not order online for the Father’s Day sale. Pick an SA from the list on the AE website and call or email your order with them. AE will only bring back SA’s once they hit certain sales numbers. Every purchase through an SA contributes to bringing back another job.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going for breakfast.
A6E47D71-A5B8-482E-BAAB-07BECC855E5F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics