• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback on how to remove old polish and wax from a pair of oxblood 5 th ave shoes that are a few yrs old. I am thinking about using Renomat. Any suggestions?

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing white suede Nomads today and noticing over the years they have started transforming themselves into ivory suede Nomads.

IMG_4427.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures.

IMG_4423.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, Pollo Al Funghi, roast potatoes, and me at Tuscan Son (on Santa Monica Blvd just east of Overland Avenue in West Los Angeles).

Some restaurants have started reopening with outside seating. Unfortunately a number of restaurants either closed forever during the lockdown or were badly damaged in the rioting and looting.

IMG_4418.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where I come from, a house is anything that you can find to bring shelter. Railroad cars, metal sheets, rocks, stones. It is all good.

I will point that out to the owner. Its not my barn.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing white suede Nomads today and noticing over the years they have started transforming themselves into ivory suede Nomads.

View attachment 1400998

View attachment 1401005

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, Pollo Al Funghi, roast potatoes, and me at Tuscan Son (on Santa Monica Blvd just east of Overland Avenue in West Los Angeles).

Some restaurants have started reopening with outside seating. Unfortunately a number of restaurants either closed forever during the lockdown or were badly damaged in the rioting and looting.

View attachment 1401007
Are you still on the original heels? I know you were reporting fast wear.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday,

I've not seen these on here before, I'm sure there are good reasons why. I bought these about 15 years ago during a time where I was wearing athletic shoes for way too many things other than athletics. I won't defend the styling here, but I have truly enjoyed the quality of construction. Anyone know the leather they used on these? I don't know the name of this squishy sole, but I made platinum medallion for several years on it. These have never seen polish (just conditioner), and the contrasting stitching still contrasts. You could tow cars with those laces.

Brown Mapletons.

View attachment 1400880

So YOU are the guy with the other pair. LOL. I still have my pair and they are great when the need arises. Not terribly stylish, but they stayed in my closet when many others were moved on. BTW, the leather is called saddlehorn. Mine feel like a baseball glove.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking for some feedback on how to remove old polish and wax from a pair of oxblood 5 th ave shoes that are a few yrs old. I am thinking about using Renomat. Any suggestions?

Check out this piece from vcleat.com. Its about removing wax from shell, but I am sure you can get some pointers. Link.

CMR16

Reaction score

View attachment 1400998

View attachment 1401005

View attachment 1401007
Why so serious, friend? You get to go to an actual restaurant, Michiganders get drive-thru at McDonald's

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why so serious, friend? You get to go to an actual restaurant, Michiganders get drive-thru at McDonald's

That is just Mr. Royrcu's normal photo expression. The consistency is comforting.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1400998

View attachment 1401005

View attachment 1401007
Food looks good, clothes impeccable, absence of mask, refreshing
I Fkucing hate masks (with apologies to mask fans) . just me

Last edited:

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Food looks good, clothes impeccable, absence of mask, refreshing
I Fkucing hate masks (with apologies to mask fans) . just me

No one likes wearing a mask - re-breathing your own air is terrible, you have to actually type a code into your phone rather than magic just happening, it muffles your voice, eliminates many non-verbal cues, etc. etc. It's objectively terrible.
It's also the correct thing to do in order to protect those around us - it is the very definition of social and civic responsibility and service to others. Wearing a mask is not about the wearer, it's about protecting literally everyone else the wearer comes into close contact with.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one likes wearing a mask - re-breathing your own air is terrible, you have to actually type a code into your phone rather than magic just happening, it muffles your voice, eliminates many non-verbal cues, etc. etc. It's objectively terrible.
It's also the correct thing to do in order to protect those around us - it is the very definition of social and civic responsibility and service to others. Wearing a mask is not about the wearer, it's about protecting literally everyone else the wearer comes into close contact with.
maybe; maybe not

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I have another shoe to add to my grail list that I will probably never be able to track down in my size (along with the 7th Ave).

Probably for the best, as much as I love the Cornwallis I don't want to indulge the urge to collect every example of the model

View attachment 1400932
Sir, just because I like bespoke suits, have more shoes than Imelda Marcos and enjoy broadway shows, does not mean you can presume anything about my orientation.

However, the tassel loafers and Speedo’s thing, yeah I guess that’s fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads