• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ooooo...Mister Uppity with his fancy barn with stone end, satellite TV, windows, and louvers. A barn's supposed to be a tool, not a fashion accessory!
Where I come from, a house is anything that you can find to bring shelter. Railroad cars, metal sheets, rocks, stones. It is all good.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s aN AE brown shell day
04586909-1FA8-49F9-83B1-675D35787FB3.jpeg
E43CED3F-A09A-4503-BDBD-51B3CC1B591D.jpeg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
delete

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday!

IMG_20200605_094636.jpg
IMG_20200605_094104.jpg

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Happy Friday,

I've not seen these on here before, I'm sure there are good reasons why. I bought these about 15 years ago during a time where I was wearing athletic shoes for way too many things other than athletics. I won't defend the styling here, but I have truly enjoyed the quality of construction. Anyone know the leather they used on these? I don't know the name of this squishy sole, but I made platinum medallion for several years on it. These have never seen polish (just conditioner), and the contrasting stitching still contrasts. You could tow cars with those laces.

Brown Mapletons.

Mapleton_25.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday,

I've not seen these on here before, I'm sure there are good reasons why. I bought these about 15 years ago during a time where I was wearing athletic shoes for way too many things other than athletics. I won't defend the styling here, but I have truly enjoyed the quality of construction. Anyone know the leather they used on these? I don't know the name of this squishy sole, but I made platinum medallion for several years on it. These have never seen polish (just conditioner), and the contrasting stitching still contrasts. You could tow cars with those laces.

Brown Mapletons.

View attachment 1400880
@smfdoc had a pair a few years ago

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shot! Were I to buy a pair I'd be torn between brown and cognac...

Speaking of buying new shoes, has anyone heard from @ae_ashley lately? Here's hoping some semblance of normalcy returns and we get another trunk show at the end of the year. My shell collection is at a measly 8 pairs, and in desperate need of growing...
I have been waiting on a response from Charleston about an order for about a week now. She also hasn’t been active on here or other platforms. Maybe their store is closed due to riot damage or something?

I talked to @ae_ashley early this week. She is the only Charleston employee back from furlough (they are phasing in) and she has been pretty slammed. In addition, the mall where they are located did take some damage from riots, and the workdays have been shortened due to city-wide curfews. Not sure if they have been open later in the week; it’s possible there was damage or additional curfew or localized restriction.

She is there, but doing the work of multiple people and with less time to do it because of curfews. I’d respectfully suggest that some patience is warranted - these are not normal times.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I talked to @ae_ashley early this week. She is the only Charleston employee back from furlough (they are phasing in) and she has been pretty slammed. In addition, the mall where they are located did take some damage from riots, and the workdays have been shortened due to city-wide curfews. Not sure if they have been open later in the week; it’s possible there was damage or additional curfew or localized restriction.

She is there, but doing the work of multiple people and with less time to do it because of curfews. I’d respectfully suggest that some patience is warranted - these are not normal times.

Oh yeah. I’m not in a hurry or anything, it’s just that they’re normally quick about returning emails and the fact that I already received the first half of my order 2 weeks ago.

OmBom

Reaction score
Happy Friday,

Brown Mapletons.

View attachment 1400880

baseball glove leather - nice!

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. Rain last night and today, so its time to pull the Thousand Oaks out of the bags and fight the elements. Let's hope the cities are calmer this weekend and all you guys stay safe. I'm fortunate to live in a calm area. I will not say I am rural now, but this is the barn at the end of my street. Yeah, okay, it's rural.

View attachment 1400803

View attachment 1400804
Like shoes... like rural... like barns.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They were a short-lived collaboration with Joseph Abboud, when he was still selling his own stuff (versus all the licensed stuff sold through Men’s Whorehouse / Jos A Bank). They’re pretty neat; they used the Independence-Line style linings and were really nicely executed.

Now I have another shoe to add to my grail list that I will probably never be able to track down in my size (along with the 7th Ave).

Probably for the best, as much as I love the Cornwallis I don't want to indulge the urge to collect every example of the model

NTTAWWT.gif

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think these Natty CXL Clark Streets are going to get a lot of wear this summer.

Bitterly jealous. I bought a pair of these in January off Ebay, and they fit me really well. However, they were definitely not in "like new" condition, so I sent them back. I've accepted I'll probably never find one of these again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads