• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the pitfalls of being 5’4” tall. I can’t even cross my legs in these chairs.
6DC0A1F3-A8A5-4F5A-9912-6461D8EFB8DE.jpeg

5th Ave for dinner. Dinning out these days means being out.
EF202464-609A-4F00-8292-CAEE2BD8C0AF.jpeg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There seems to be a fake AE advertisement that is making rounds on Facebook. They are claiming to sell AE shoes for as low as $23. The lowest price I've ever paid for a shoe direct from AE was $76 (the McTavish I got on clearance). Not sure why FB is allowing it to run.

might have something to do with social media companies having no advertising standards

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course, the first sign that it was not legit is that it reads "Allen Edmond" Shop. Spammers and scammers often forget the fine details.
I've always thought that if a spammer evolved that actually had an attention to detail and a firm grasp of the English language, we'd all be completely screwed. It would be like the SARS-Cov2 of the internet tearing through with no natural immunity.

It's only a matter of time. We need to stockpile Norton antivirus, stat.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden won't make a 14EEE if you add your size to a run? I know they'll do 14Ds at least but wasn't sure if there was some cut-off for wider widths
He's got to find a last that fits well too. The only models the factory stores offer in that size are 405 and 660 (black calf tassel on Aberdeen). I'm not sure Barrie guess past 13.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
It would seem that there was a time when the shoe did not pinch that toe? Or am I reading your post incorrectly?

Correct, it's very odd. It could be an old toe injury from basketball but it doesn't bother me all the time. Only the left foot. Cavanaughs are the only model shoe I own that seems to trigger increased pain in that toe.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Correct, it's very odd. It could be an old toe injury from basketball but it doesn't bother me all the time. Only the left foot. Cavanaughs are the only model shoe I own that seems to trigger increased pain in that toe.
Then a gentle stretch may do the trick. A cobbler can even do a spot stretch around the toe area. For the low cost of stretching, it is worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads