• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
All right forum friends, I present what may be the last delivery from TS 19.2. Chili Shell MacNeils. These had to be remade due to pretty severe issues with the first pair (delivered last December). Thanks to some help from @ae_ashley they are now in my possession.

There is still an error, I had ordered a natural welt and these are antique/brown. Since I will wear mostly with jeans, I like the casual appearance and "pop" of the natural welt. They are beautiful, just not what I ordered. At this point I'm inclined to just wear them as is and move on. Maybe if Alden made my size I'd be more accustomed to year-plus fulfillment on footwear. Thoughts?

I'd give Ashley a heads up. I don't mean to be "that guy" but having to wait this long and two pairs later STILL not getting what you ordered... AE shouldn't get a pass. The entire point of the trunk show was "custom makeups."

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shell Dundee and social distancing stickers in the elevator
B44F5689-878F-4DC7-A180-B9F532223C93.jpeg

All the arrows face forwards towards the door, meaning people in the back of the elevator are breathing on the back of the next of anyone at the front. It seems having everyone facing outward towards the walls would deposit virus particles onto the walls but might result in fewer airborne virus particles. That seems like it would be safer than the current arrangement, as long as people don't lick the walls.
nota doctor.gif

Last edited:

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday in suede. Inaugural wearing after the resole from crepe to antique JR.

IMG_20200603_102050.jpg
IMG_20200603_093504.jpg
IMG_20200603_093517.jpg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All right forum friends, I present what may be the last delivery from TS 19.2. Chili Shell MacNeils. These had to be remade due to pretty severe issues with the first pair (delivered last December). Thanks to some help from @ae_ashley they are now in my possession.

There is still an error, I had ordered a natural welt and these are antique/brown. Since I will wear mostly with jeans, I like the casual appearance and "pop" of the natural welt. They are beautiful, just not what I ordered. At this point I'm inclined to just wear them as is and move on. Maybe if Alden made my size I'd be more accustomed to year-plus fulfillment on footwear. Thoughts?

View attachment 1399791

Just out of curiosity ... what size are they?

sarteaga

Reaction score
Very excited, won a pair of Brown Calf Delrays for $45 shipped on eBay. They need some conditioning and polish but that's about it. Will post when they arrive.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AE in Oakbrook is finally open. Father’s Day sale starts tomorrow.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There seems to be a fake AE advertisement that is making rounds on Facebook. They are claiming to sell AE shoes for as low as $23. The lowest price I've ever paid for a shoe direct from AE was $76 (the McTavish I got on clearance). Not sure why FB is allowing it to run.

View attachment 1399881

Yep, domain is 2 days old and located in Russia. Nothing suspicious about that.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 4.29.15 PM.png

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a fake AE advertisement that is making rounds on Facebook. They are claiming to sell AE shoes for as low as $23. The lowest price I've ever paid for a shoe direct from AE was $76 (the McTavish I got on clearance). Not sure why FB is allowing it to run.

View attachment 1399881

This ad popped up in my feed first thing yesterday morning. Took me about .008 seconds to report it as fraud.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1399791

Respectfully, I agree with the Major on all counts. Those are perfect. To me, a really light welt color on a medium to dark dress shoe draws the eye to the wrong thing.

Those are gorgeous as they are. Take them for a spin and start enjoying them. Never look back.

Have I mentioned I think they look great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics