• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my vintage (early 90s) Black Cherry Shell Bristols today:

20200529_bristols.jpg

Kevin24

Reaction score
So I got the Vinci's that I bought off of Nordstrom's today.

I thought they would be in the Vinci's in pebble grain-I did not realize they came in a smoother leather.

Problem is that I bought the pebble grain Hara Belt from AE (on sale as well) :/ making this awkward since I'm considering returning both now and getting my money back.

Are the Vinci's worth keeping or should I just return and get what I actually want?

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere...

Drink of choice. Barefoot, so no shoe pics. Yes, the cruise ship cup was well disinfected - and has been in the house long before Covid-19 was a thing.

1EACF806-19DE-406C-B899-AF7F824832B7.jpeg
You bourbon drinkers have my respect. That sh!t burns going down. I prefer my drinks icy cold and sweet.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Any recommendations on what brand and color polish I should use for a pair of oxblood 5 th avenues?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I got the Vinci's that I bought off of Nordstrom's today.

I thought they would be in the Vinci's in pebble grain-I did not realize they came in a smoother leather.

Problem is that I bought the pebble grain Hara Belt from AE (on sale as well) :/ making this awkward since I'm considering returning both now and getting my money back.

Are the Vinci's worth keeping or should I just return and get what I actually want?
Meh. I wouldn't let one being pebble and one smooth deter from wearing both... They're half a body away from each other.
As far as the shoes, if you like them but want pebble, return. If you don't like them enough to keep, return.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with the statements about the current situation causing a re-evaluation of the, um, scale of my wardrobe. I've noticed this with my wrist watches as well. Since working exclusively from home, I've basically been wearing less than 10% of my collections. I still love all my shoes (and watches). But it makes me wonder if I am just slacking at home, or if I am more peacock than weasel when it comes to going out in public (gasp!). I'm sure it's the former.

Having said that, let me defend my weasel DNA by showing that I am not only still a buyer, but one with an eye for a deal. Burgundy shell Patriots for $300 delivered. The last time I wore penny loafers was to high school in the 80's, and they said "Weejuns" inside. Very happy with them.

View attachment 1397350
Funny you mention that. I am also considering what I have with an to consolidation and upgrading.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark beer and the peatiest scotch, neat, are the drinks of choice for me! The stronger the better.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's finally Friday! Havent been posting as much working from home, but been lurking. Round 2 of shoes today -- the Rush Street and a pour of something strong on the deck.
20200529_165511.jpg

This is one of my favorites - Stagg Jr. It has a major kick (at 128 proof) and loads of flavor. Needed something strong after this week!
20200529_165327.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads