• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy birthday!

Do share the details on the suit...
Happy birthday good sir. I, too, would like more details on that suit. The shoes aren't too shabby themselves ;)

Its an old season piece from SuitSupply, I think F/W 2014?

Ormezzano flannel wool, purchased used from TheRealReal. It looked sick, so I had to.

D4E26E71-27E0-4025-890E-A8C585B23785.jpeg

CMR16

Reaction score
Its an old season piece from SuitSupply, I think F/W 2014?

Ormezzano flannel wool, purchased used from TheRealReal. It looked sick, so I had to.

View attachment 1397009
I love my Suit Supply suits. Good find and nice suit, but I don't think I could pull that off. Hopefully you'll show it off one day with a pair of AE's.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lcdx22

Reaction score
For those that may find it interesting here is a side by side of a Randolph and Patriot. Both are 13EEE.

The toe profile is pretty close.
IMG_20200528_221518.jpg

Looking at the side profile you can see the Patriot is much deeper. In my case this hugs my foot alot more which I like.
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200528221600457_COVER.jpg

Top view. The toe tapers much more on the Randolph. You can also see how the Patriot closes around your foot more at the end of the camp as opposed to the Randolph.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200528221742435_COVER.jpg

Closet look at the heel. In th picture the Patriot looks wider however that is not the case. It's a tighter heel. It could be due to the fact that the shoe is deeper so it hugs the heel better. In my case the Patriot heel fits well, the Randolph slips out completely.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200528221814343_COVER.jpg

Trying to show the length. The Patriot is slightly longer with heels lined up. However if you look back up on the side profile picture you can see the heel of the Randolph hangs further back than the Patriot.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200528222407196_COVER.jpg

On my feet.. angle makes my right ankle seem bigger but it isn't. As you can see my foot in the Patriot is hugged more by the shoe and it feels much better to me. In the ball and forward the Randolph fits good however the heel is way too loose.
IMG_20200528_222536.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those that may find it interesting here is a side by side of a Randolph and Patriot. Both are 13EEE.

The toe profile is pretty close.
View attachment 1397068

Looking at the side profile you can see the Patriot is much deeper. In my case this hugs my foot alot more which I like.
View attachment 1397069

Top view. The toe tapers much more on the Randolph. You can also see how the Patriot closes around your foot more at the end of the camp as opposed to the Randolph.
View attachment 1397070

Closet look at the heel. In th picture the Patriot looks wider however that is not the case. It's a tighter heel. It could be due to the fact that the shoe is deeper so it hugs the heel better. In my case the Patriot heel fits well, the Randolph slips out completely.
View attachment 1397071

Trying to show the length. The Patriot is slightly longer with heels lined up. However if you look back up on the side profile picture you can see the heel of the Randolph hangs further back than the Patriot.
View attachment 1397072

On my feet.. angle makes my right ankle seem bigger but it isn't. As you can see my foot in the Patriot is hugged more by the shoe and it feels much better to me. In the ball and forward the Randolph fits good however the heel is way too loose.
View attachment 1397073
Nice comparison. I agree on the narrower/taller heel of Patriot. The taper of the Randolph may make them dressier, but not more comfortable!
I will accept the Randolph not being taller at the toes, but by the strap I find the Patriot to be much better fitting as there's excess volume with the Randolph. Also, it apparently depends on which Randolph you are using for reference...I assume both of those are standard builds rather than Trunk Show?
IMG_20200528_222217__01.jpg
IMG_20200528_222151__01.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First day out for my watered down Bourbon Dundee. Occasionally a fu fu drink is ok.
B8A160C7-C814-4696-ACFA-4FD72731940D.jpeg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m still working from home.
And I’m still wearing AE nearly every day. The biggest change is that I’ve transitioned to wearing denim nearly every day over the last two weeks or so.
Today I went with a pair that doesn’t get worn very often. I’m not sure why, because they’re awesome. Here are the AE River Oaks.

CDE0AB6D-48ED-426D-B81E-AC29F7A8A049.jpeg

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No photo but wearing bone suede maritimes today. I wore natty cambridges last week but I've found myself wearing the same 2-3 pairs of shoes the last 2 weeks. A reverse chamois indy boot and color 8 lwb. These new times have made me realize I have way too many shoes (ok maybe I knew this before but for whatever reason, I was able to justify it better than I can now). I have a few listed for sale in my signature but I haven't actually posted them anywhere. I suspect this is the first in a wave of more to come. I had an active roration of ~40 with like 8 rares/smu pairs still in their box. I know ~50 isn't a lot by some measures on this platform but.... I foresee some slight wardrobe changes in my future that involve more khaki's and chinos and fewer dress pants.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No photo but wearing bone suede maritimes today. I wore natty cambridges last week but I've found myself wearing the same 2-3 pairs of shoes the last 2 weeks. A reverse chamois indy boot and color 8 lwb. These new times have made me realize I have way too many shoes (ok maybe I knew this before but for whatever reason, I was able to justify it better than I can now). I have a few listed for sale in my signature but I haven't actually posted them anywhere. I suspect this is the first in a wave of more to come. I had an active roration of ~40 with like 8 rares/smu pairs still in their box. I know ~50 isn't a lot by some measures on this platform but.... I foresee some slight wardrobe changes in my future that involve more khaki's and chinos and fewer dress pants.
Totally understand... It's just hard to decide what to drop!

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could only take one pair with me this week, so I went with the non-AE summer-ish shoe.

View attachment 1397029

To keep this AE related, the Strand King sent me this very nice gift -- a pair of vintage Sanford shoes. I plan on getting some trees for these.

View attachment 1397030

are those CXL PTBs Aldens? I may yet get tired for waiting for AE to bring the academy back and just buy the Aldens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics