• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cronmoks for a throwback Thursday.
D20A4529-79FA-4629-869B-9EDF0C14B893.jpeg
9113ED6E-970B-4693-A0C9-64E829B47851.jpeg
A6110332-2F4F-4E70-8D4C-8AFCB925FFFC.jpeg

Aenonymous

Reaction score
Cleaned up Sanford's from the Bay.

Does anyone know when AE changed the design for the Sanford from 5 eyelets to 4? Just curious how old this pair may actually be.

View attachment 1396647
5-eyelet Sanford was discontinued by Spring 2001 (last appeared in Fall 2000 catalogue). It reappeared in Spring 2011 as 4-eyelet Sanford.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CMR16

Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know there is some confusion when it comes to shoes to wear during sports. Some of you are not wearing the correct footwear for your respective sports. But don't worry, I have the definitive footwear for each sport. So here you go.
Football: The best shoe for playing football is an AE LWB. MacNeil is a popular choice but Williams if you have one is great. I do allow wide receivers the option of the Cornwallis.
Baseball: The PA is the only shoenut sanctioned shoe for playing this sport. We have to keep this sport pure after all.
Hockey: Fifth Ave is the shoe of choice for this sport. It is great for offense and defense.
Golf: Broadview if you have them but for everyday play the Mcallister is the way to go.
Basketball: The Strand is the option that you should look for. My personal choice is Standard Strand but Strandmok for individuality is always appreciated.
Racing is Carlyle territory.
Cricket is the Delray.
If you just like to lift at the Gym. Leeds is the choice.
Now that you know, stop wearing those crappy glue jobs when playing your favorite sport.
You are welcome.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know there is some confusion when it comes to shoes to wear during sports. Some of you are not wearing the correct footwear for your respective sports. But don't worry, I have the definitive footwear for each sport. So here you go.
Football: The best shoe for playing football is an AE LWB. MacNeil is a popular choice but Williams if you have one is great. I do allow wide receivers the option of the Cornwallis.
Baseball: The PA is the only shoenut sanctioned shoe for playing this sport. We have to keep this sport pure after all.
Hockey: Fifth Ave is the shoe of choice for this sport. It is great for offense and defense.
Golf: Broadview if you have them but for everyday play the Mcallister is the way to go.
Basketball: The Strand is the option that you should look for. My personal choice is Standard Strand but Strandmok for individuality is always appreciated.
Cricket is the Delray.
Now that you know, stop wearing those crappy glue jobs when playing your favorite sport.
You are welcome.
What kind of racing? Auto, running, boat?
Auto racing is more a Maritime shoe.
Running, that needs something specialized. Bayfeild.
Iron Man? Need to be able to slip on quickly: Liverpool.
Boat Racing... Definitely the Ritz

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What kind of racing? Auto, running, boat?
Auto racing is more a Maritime shoe.
Running, that needs something specialized. Bayfeild.
Iron Man? Need to be able to slip on quickly: Liverpool.
Boat Racing... Definitely the Ritz
Sir, I take exception with a maritime for auto racing. The great American sport needs the patriot for speed shifting although the Randolph will work if you missed the Patriot boat.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sir, I take exception with a maritime for auto racing. The great American sport needs the patriot for speed shifting although the Randolph will work if you missed the Patriot boat.
I considered this, but the delicate footwork required for racing necessitates a softer sole. I'll agree to the Patriot/Randolph, but only after about 150 miles of wear.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I considered this, but the delicate footwork required for racing necessitates a softer sole. I'll agree to the Patriot/Randolph, but only after about 150 miles of wear.
I did, after all, slide the word boat in that post. It gives some wiggle room.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you are going to wear a shoe for auto racing, might as well have a pair of shoes named after an F1 world champion.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cricket is the Delray.
You are welcome.
@Shoenut got his drunk on boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads