• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So... After seeing @Shoenut's new Mahogany 5As a week or two ago, I was reminded how much I liked the color of the ones that I got back when they first came out in the fall (and returned because they didn't fit), so when the "Buy More, Buy More" Sale came around, I bought more. They arrived today:

View attachment 1396381

Unfortunately, these will have to go back, too; there are what feels like a couple of nail points sticking up through the insole in the right shoe, right about at the middle of where my arch would sit if I wore them (which I haven't), and both toe caps have horizontal bulges about a half inch in front of the broguing, giving them a bad case of penis-toe syndrome before any creasing has even happened. Too bad; the color on these was pretty nice, too...
How does one explain Penis toe to the returns department???? Also the AE logo on left shoe is askew, which would bother the crap out of me, even if everything else was fine.

ccpl14

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, my girlfriend may finally kill me for continuing to fill our home with shoes. Just ordered a pair of Walnut McAllister's off Ebay for roughly $60, not long after purchasing a pair of Sanford's for roughly the same price. :lookaround:
We should form a support group for all of our spouses/SOs that are tired of our shoe habits. Then, while they get together to drink Pinot Grigio and *****, we squirrel all the new acquisitions into the house and work on the next.
9AAF717E-19FB-41D3-8DA5-B26DC47F0899.gif

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We should form a support group for all of our spouses/SOs that are tired of our shoe habits. Then, while they get together to drink Pinot Grigio and *****, we squirrel all the new acquisitions into the house and work on the next.
View attachment 1396447
My wife would join that 'club", although I'm pretty sure she has just decided F*ck it, as new ones come in, old ones go out and she doesn't seem to care.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife would join that 'club", although I'm pretty sure she has just decided F*ck it, as new ones come in, old ones go out and she doesn't seem to care.

That's the key -- you have to continuously buy shoes so that it wears her down after a while. If you buy just one pair every 6 months, it draws too much attention to that isolated event. However, if you buy them once per month, it's really nothing special and she will get used to it and roll her eyes.

Last edited:

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the key -- you have to continuously buy shoes so that it wears her down after a while. If you just one pair every 6 months, it draws too much attention to that isolated event. However, if you buy them once per month, it's really nothing special and she will get used to it and roll her eyes.
Lol! It's funny because it's true.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does one explain Penis toe to the returns department???? Also the AE logo on left shoe is askew, which would bother the crap out of me, even if everything else was fine.

LOL. Penis toe is a well established problem, which if I recall correctly, is a term I coined in 2017. At least that's the way @ace13x remembers it.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
Hey forum friends,

I've been slacking a bit in the shoe department while working from home. I have been keeping up here, and it appears from the reduced volume that I am not alone in the slacking department.

So glad to have @ae_ashley back! I had these shipped to work, and my employer has shut the building and is not accepting packages. She straightened it out and had these shipped to my home address, where I failed to get them before SWMBO. Regardless, enjoying them today. Navy Macs with Olive Dainite. Think I'll try them with Olive laces next...

MacNeils_Navy_Suede_25.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thurs-Dandy; a bit of panache. New shirt and new tie. First time wearing this shirt and my only non button down collar. Double button mitered cuff with mother of pearl buttons.

IMG_20200528_095922.jpg
IMG_20200528_100852.jpg

IMG_20200528_100444.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads