• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the few AE pairs that I have not worn all day yet due to an actual break in period. The Cody is just brutal.
4E417344-3869-4971-A9D1-D8056A3906B1.jpeg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice work! Which cream did you use to replicate the copper effect? Got a pair of burnished copper Strand weaves that I'd like to maintain that way. Mix between two kinds?

This was a pair where I had already stripped the original walnut burnish off with Renomat. This time, I started by cleaning off all the wax and polish with a hair dryer and cloth. Then I just took saddle soap to it and dried it. I conditioned with Renovatuer. Then I did a coat of Saphir congac cream polish followed by a couple coats of Saphir mohagony cream polish. After buffing, I used pate deluxe first in dark brown for a while. To even it out and blend, I used neutral pate deluxe. Then I took a little black pate deluxe to the tips and another coat of neutral to blend. I finished with dark brown again.

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E48F46BC-76E2-429B-937D-D0CF55F6BB5B.jpeg
C5A387E2-042B-41F1-80B2-9E2E6BCB8894.jpeg

2 of probably my oldest vintage pairs. Allen Edmonds Empire from 1957. They are basically museum pieces at this point as the leather is brittle and the top-lines are extremely rough.

I worked for Allen Edmonds for about 7 years. At one time had over 70 pairs of AE but have whittled my collection down to 3 pairs - these and early 00’s black park avenue.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Started the day at 6:30 AM to do a "little" garage cleanup, turned into a MAJOR deal as I decided to move some storage units, the workbench and make a new space for a garage fridge (known in the midwest as the beer fridge". Wore Caen's for the job Sorry for the blurry photo but it was early.
IMG_2725.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads