• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nes1us

Reaction score
Coffee Macraes yesterday and brown Sarasotas today.

Attachments

• BCA6CA66-65B8-479A-8DE6-D0B59F3B0789.jpeg
    BCA6CA66-65B8-479A-8DE6-D0B59F3B0789.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 80BE0FAF-C0AA-486E-8113-F6DA047CAA65.jpeg
    80BE0FAF-C0AA-486E-8113-F6DA047CAA65.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 25

ducatiti

Reaction score
With my bad luck and all, I truly believe this is my last purchase from AE. I've said this before and gave them another chance but this is what I received today. A shell cordovan wallet with 2-3 inches of missing stitches. Would this affect the integrity of the wallet? Did they run out of thread?!?!?
z48nCycNQa2SiIwWQB2ysg.jpg
khaDs6qmRyS3Rh7kcDEO7A.jpg

@Shoenut @Rithrin Mind checking your wallets please?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With my bad luck and all, I truly believe this is my last purchase from AE. I've said this before and gave them another chance but this is what I received today. A shell cordovan wallet with 2-3 inches of missing stitches. Would this affect the integrity of the wallet? Did they run out of thread?!?!?
View attachment 1393515 View attachment 1393516

Mine has every stitch in place.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long this sale will last? I would really like to spend my next $500 with an SA.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the loafers in question. It's hard to tell if a coffee belt would work or not.

It might be in the no man's land between not dark enough to be a classic AE brown but not light enough to be coffee. Sucks I can't go in-store and compare.

View attachment 1393424
Just wear a dark brown belt. There's 3 feet of different color material between; it doesn't have to be a perfect match.

Rithrin

Reaction score

Don't own an AE wallet, but definitely not acceptable quality IMO.

ha! Good luck with Allen Rdmonds customer service. They are really milking the coronavirus as a reason to not bother with customer service. You will probably have the issue resolved by September
I keep hearing this, but they refunded 3 pairs of shoes I returned during the shutdown. It took an extra week or so, but I barely noticed. I've never interacted with their CS, though, just put shoes back in box and slapped the return label on.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Don't own an AE wallet, but definitely not acceptable quality IMO.

I keep hearing this, but they refunded 3 pairs of shoes I returned during the shutdown. It took an extra week or so, but I barely noticed. I've never interacted with their CS, though, just put shoes back in box and slapped the return label on.

my inquiry has been outstanding since March. They have had my product back for a while now.

i actually wouldn’t mind the delay, but their communication is terrible. Just acknowledge your customers and they will be more patient.

everytime I send a follow up, I receive their “how did we do survey” prior to hearing back from the customer service rep.

and I have 5 pairs of Allen Edmonds. Not like I am a habitual product returner. This is the first time I have had a problem with them.

heck, just give me store credit and it would be spent by the end of the day.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha! Good luck with Allen Rdmonds customer service. They are really milking the coronavirus as a reason to not bother with customer service. You will probably have the issue resolved by September
It sounds like your issue must be more complicated.
I had a minor issue with a recent purchase. It took 3-5 days to receive a response to my initial email. (I only used email because I wanted to send a picture. A phone call would have otherwise been quicker.)
After my response, everything was resolved within 2-3 days.
It could have been faster if they were fully staffed, and I could have worked with my sales associate. But I thought it was reasonable.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Not a complicated issue. Their most recent email says they received the item in May 8, but it will take them until May 29 to process the return, and then another 3-5 days to posy the return.
So a month to facilitate a return.

weak

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don’t bother trying an exchange. Just order a second and return the first

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
everytime I send a follow up, I receive their “how did we do survey” prior to hearing back from the customer service rep.

I'd say fill out the survey immediately and provide honest feedback, but we both know they wouldn't read it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads