• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULCajun

Reaction score
I didn’t see any mention of a deeper discount to items already on sale in the preview. Anyone have insight?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have the one pair, really like your stars/stripesl

thanks! It was one of my best bargains when I was at VV- normally $550, I think I paid $100 for them after discounts/store credit. Not worthfull price, but I love them.

I have 8 pairs now, I may have a problem lol...

Thanks? Crockett & Jones...I don't remember who makes them for them though

either way, gorgeous color, and I love the binding

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Florsheim Longwings for Wingtip Wednesday

IMG_20200408_112142.jpg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks! It was one of my best bargains when I was at VV- normally $550, I think I paid $100 for them after discounts/store credit. Not worthfull price, but I love them.

Erm...I didn't mean a ?, meant ! :p

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's nice to have you pop in. Feel free to hang around more.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear your daughter has it. I would argue that she needs to rest. Also, make sure she is not taking any fever reducers. Those can make the virus more dangerous from what I read. fI have a friend who is a doctor in Michigan and he told me it is possible to get a worse infection form people who are exposed to the virus for long periods of time. He said that is the reason why so many doctors in Italy died. This is also the reason why people should avoid coffee shops, buses and airplanes. Sitting next to someone for hours who is infected could be more dangerous than getting it on your hands. Speaking of, I've learned that wearing gloves is a great idea right now because it's impossible to get all the virus off your hands.

Sorry, just saw this. Wearing gloves is a pretty terrible idea right now, unless you are continuously throwing them out and putting on new ones while you are out and about.
People have some odd idea that the virus can somehow be stopped from penetrating your skin with gloves on. It of course doesn’t enter the body that way, but people are much more lax about what they do and don’t touch when they are wearing gloves, sensing some sort of false invincibility.

People wearing gloves are more likely to transfer viral particles from place to place and infect other people this way. Or yourself. Wearing gloves to pump gas and then driving away with them on the steering wheel is just as likely to infect yourself than without gloves. And you are much more likely to wash your hands at some point along the way.

This is one of those “it sounded like a good idea at the time” kind of things that ends up backfiring.

Last edited:

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of my few Strandmoks that I will wear with odd trousers. I am more of a linen and chino guy for this style.
6E241979-75F6-4BC1-A990-192126432C91.jpeg

liquidjelly

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for replace fifth street laces? I think mine are comically too long and it's the only thing that prevents me from wearing them more often!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The anniversary sale begins and there are two or three that interest me.

One of them is the cherry red suede Neumok. This is the only Neumok that can’t be ordered online in a B-width. It was previously mentioned that an SA could order these in a B, but that’s not an option with the stores closed....

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for replace fifth street laces? I think mine are comically too long and it's the only thing that prevents me from wearing them more often!
These are pretty nice, and come in a range of lengths:

I've read good things about these, but haven't tried them yet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads