• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to be pedantic, but it does have a certificate; it's just not one that's widely trusted. Details from Firefox on my MacBook Pro:

The shoebank certificate was issued by Symantec.

The problem is that Symantec certificates issued before 2016-06-01 are not trusted anymore. Any certificates signed by such a Symantec CA is also not trusted anymore:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Put pandemic time to good use to score these BNIB walnut shell Daltons on the bay.

6B491F92-4DDE-447F-9EAD-CF7841D3BD66.jpeg
919C5672-78D0-4C66-A0A9-8B3F0A027B8E.jpeg

Feel very lucky to get these but my plan to limit 2020 purchases continues to be a joke

Attachments

• 7B2C9BF0-81AD-44F4-9245-F54751D405CC.jpeg
    7B2C9BF0-81AD-44F4-9245-F54751D405CC.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 0C24FB7E-A5B9-4BFE-8989-1F6DAAD59832.jpeg
    0C24FB7E-A5B9-4BFE-8989-1F6DAAD59832.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not to be pedantic, but it does have a certificate; it's just not one that's widely trusted. Details from Firefox on my MacBook Pro:

The shoebank certificate was issued by Symantec.

I stand corrected. Always willing to learn. I did check out the security information, but it says I have visited the site 510 times. That **** just can't be right. Right? :wink:

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 6.06.01 PM.png

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my first pair of drivers (from L.L. Bean) back in 2001 when I bought my first GTI; they were a great help when I went out to do some spirited driving (which I did pretty often; that car was a ton of fun to drive at the edge). I still have them in the back of the closet somewhere, even though the soles are worn through the nubs; seems I can't bear to throw them out. I finally replaced them last year with a pair of Rancourt drivers in Natty CXL (I haven't had a car with a clutch since 2013, so they're not really practical, but I do like the style)...
(Talking to myself again...) Hey, speaking of Natty CXL Rancourt Drivers:
20200408_rancourts.jpg

Blue_Bowtie

Reaction score
They were initially listed in all sizes and widths (full run); but now only an odd hodge-podge of sizes and widths is offered (by contrast, the camel suede strandmok is listed for all sizes and widths). Suggesting that the denim Standmok is indeed being discontinued. I had asked our hostess online here for some confirmation of the status of that one, but it seems she did not see the query.
After my order was confirmed, my size is now unavailable, seems discontinued to me! I wonder why, maybe a limited amount of denim suede?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt they would discontinue the denim color so soon, especially because they just released it in the new catalog. It's much more likely that they are low on stock because of the pandemic and the inability to make new pairs at the moment.

Last edited:

DawgPound

Reaction score
Thanks! How does the sole compare to “real” Dainite?

The AE sole has a little more texture to it, like a little stubble. The primary part of the sole has the same thickness as my brown Strandmok with Dainite. The heel stack is very different. To me, the Dainite has a slightly more rubbery feel to it. All said, it seems very comparable, but I do sort of wish it was the Dainite (it is the same price) just because... Doesn’t really matter; I’m over that now.

4CDF3168-6D25-479A-A0D8-21E589BEAC4C.jpeg

Since these are lined is it safe to assume I should go with my 65 last size as opposed to the unlined Strandmok which I have been able to wear a more narrow size (8E in the Strandmok vs 8EEE in the PA and Strand)

It fits just like my brown Strandmok, which is unlined.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the shoebank.com site does not have a SSL certificate as it doe snot collect information. I think the browser is just sensitive to .com sites without SSL.
If using Safari on a Mac, this is not an uncommon "warning message". If YOU ARE SURE you are going to the correct URL, ignore it. If you got redirected to something you don't recognize, pay attention and enter at your own risk.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Non AE, but the freakin Wolverine 1K boots (CXL MiUSA, not the AE version) "broke" today while working, something in the arch area went "SNAP" and then no arch support and no my right foot hurts like hell. Guess I chose the wrong work boot for moving 2 Cu Yards of mulch today. So tonight, taking it easy.....
IMG_1931.jpeg

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No AE photo cause I'm wearing 405s while the missus cracks the tito's and fires up the blender, but we may have just done something very awesome that will eclipse the plague doctor and her ferrets photo.

All in good time though.....just waiting for a few purchases to arrive. :hide:

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Charleston said:
Hello,

Due to the approach of Hurricane Florence, Allen Edmonds Charleston will be closed from 5:00 PM on Monday, September 10 until further notice. We will make every effort to respond to emails in a timely manner once we are able to resume standard operations.

Have a great day!
Allen Edmonds Charleston

^^Must have been one hell of a hurricane - received this after sending them an email. Not sure if there operating but worth a shot. @ae_ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads