• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has AE Ashley said that or are you just going off past practice? Because that hasn’t always been the case in the April sale. While 15% has been the usual discount some years it is applied to all shell models, some years to just one or two shell models and some years there is no discounted shell

Before you get to shell, what if we take a step back from that even. If you're talking firsts, I'm sure at least more than once in a blue moon the shoes are situated in a B&M store, whether an outlet or a retail store. The website is far too antiquated to track all that and I'm sure the majority at the CaC wouldn't know how to track that kind of stuff down. How can you even be confident in ordering.

And as for the factory 2nds, my guess is a large proportion (at least the good stuff) is shipped into actual outlets, maybe more at the Port store but regardless out of the warehouse. How would you go about ordering that?

Not to mention that while the factory is busy making the face masks the employees aren't exactly being taken care of, and I bet the anniversary sale would normally have brought in some better sales commissions.

I think AE is seriously not thinking this one out. I would totally have postponed this sale if I had half a brain.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. New here. Sneakerhead primarily but building up my dress shoe collection. Started late last year and now have around 9 cordovan shoes and 3 calf. Cordovans are mostly C&J, Carmina, and Alden. Calf are Tramezza and Originalle Ferragamo’s. I initially gave up on AE because of the quality control issues but I couldn’t resist on the current sale they have and pulled the trigger for these Sullivan Street boots for less than $200. Luckily, I receive a good pair this time around. View attachment 1366452 View attachment 1366453 View attachment 1366454
Nice! Did they throw in the uke?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She is fine now. She is going for a first responder test on Monday. If it is positive then she will file for unemployment and I will send her my shoe money till she receives it. I recommend that no one go to any medical facilities unless it is urgent. The medical industry is really rolling the dice with regard to their staff that are quite possibly vectors of the virus Meanwhile, my wife is busy buying food in the morning and when she gets home makes huge pots of chicken soup, rice, and beans. Oddly enough it is really hard to find disposable bowls, plates, and spoons. From 3pm to 8pm she serves the food to anyone who comes by our little house in Tlaquepaque.

My shooting/hunting buddy who's a doc is the one who did my meds for my issue, and he did it with a quick photo over text message. Called the pharm the next day, no in person needed.

A lot of places are now moving to having a few doctors on video calls with patients to diagnose remotely whenever possible. Keeps the simple/obvious diagnoses remote and away from potentially picking up the virus by seeing someone in person. Hopefully more locations can put that sort of infrastructure in place to follow suit.

Hoping for a good outcome on her test.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My burgundy shell Daltons are VERY dark. I’ve put them in the sun for a few days and don’t notice a difference. How long do I need to do this before I see a difference?

It varies according to the strength of the sun and the color of the boots. With that said, its like the frog in the slowly warming pot. Things can be happening and you not notice until it is really changed. I did a pair of Alden PTBs and did not think they were really changing and then I say the tongue that had been hidden the entire time and had not changed. I was shocked at how they had lightened and that I had really not noticed.

nmh20

Reaction score
has AE Ashley said that or are you just going off past practice? Because that hasn’t always been the case in the April sale. While 15% has been the usual discount some years it is applied to all shell models, some years to just one or two shell models and some years there is no discounted shell

This link was posted on the AEE Facebook page which goes to the Spring sale. I’m assuming it is accurate for what the spring sale will be, but i guess it’s possible that it’s been updated since this link was published.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This link was posted on the AEE Facebook page which goes to the Spring sale. I’m assuming it is accurate for what the spring sale will be, but i guess it’s possible that it’s been updated since this link was published.
The shell cordovan section of that catalog does not have the expanded line of colors. :(
On the other hand, the Cigar Leeds and suede Strandmoks are $245. Great price!

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re: the anniversary sale catalog. AE does realize it's past April fools day, right?

nmh20

Reaction score
The shell cordovan section of that catalog does not have the expanded line of colors. :(
On the other hand, the Cigar Leeds and suede Strandmoks are $245. Great price!
I’m hopeful that’s just an error. I could see the Chili not being included, but given the three B’s are also excluded from models they historically have not been offered in makes me think they just copy and pasted the page from another catalog and changed the pictures.

I could be wrong

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These sale prices seem pretty normal - going to take something special to coax me out of my frugal quarantine shell.
I am with @Neo1 on this. No matter how good the sale is, I am sitting it out without SA's involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads