• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, speaking of Randolph Engineering they have been my latest addiction with I think 16 pairs so far. Several have been gifted and several others sold along the way though. What first got me interested in the style was a pair of Rōka sports aviators (which turned into four), then I decided to go for the real thing, heavy glass lenses and all. Love ‘em!

My next “grail” pair right now is the 23k Gold Concorde with Cobalt lenses (which are excellent).

Here’s part of the collection, I’m actually selling the first two that are pictured.
99C473EE-7879-44D9-838B-DB46754905B1.jpeg D92FEE40-C62D-40A6-88BA-DB9D573D97C9.jpeg 0F02647F-9117-4BCA-A814-FFD94F6EA19A.jpeg 59FB20D5-6191-4ED0-81E6-86B3BD404F95.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw an elderly woman take off her mask to cough in a grocery store last week. Made me really mad because sick people are supposed to stay home, and because the whole purpose of the mask is to help prevent it from spreading to others.
Wanna get mad again?
If he's going to get charged with assaulting federals and hoarding essential supplies, maybe don't pay him "fair market value"for supplies? I think they just force him to walk the streets with a sign letting everyone know what he did.
Two things: my daughter is a nurse in a hospital. One of the doctors, was caring for his father with CoVid and decided to show up to the ward in the hospital to chit chat with the nurses. This week three of them have symptoms and are being tested for the virus. My daughter just developed a sore throat and persistent dry cough but only a 99 degree temp. She was told if she calls in sick, no pay. No test for her because she is in a low risk class. How come hospitals are willing to just roll the dice? On another note, I was finally able to buy some sanitizer for work. It was put on a truck last week and the driver has not been seen since. The stock piles get brought by somebody.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two things: my daughter is a nurse in a hospital. One of the doctors, was caring for his father with CoVid and decided to show up to the ward in the hospital to chit chat with the nurses. This week three of them have symptoms and are being tested for the virus. My daughter just developed a sore throat and persistent dry cough but only a 99 degree temp. She was told if she calls in sick, no pay. No test for her because she is in a low risk class. How come hospitals are willing to just roll the dice? On another note, I was finally able to buy some sanitizer for work. It was put on a truck last week and the driver has not been seen since. The stock piles get brought by somebody.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear your daughter has it. I would argue that she needs to rest. Also, make sure she is not taking any fever reducers. Those can make the virus more dangerous from what I read. fI have a friend who is a doctor in Michigan and he told me it is possible to get a worse infection form people who are exposed to the virus for long periods of time. He said that is the reason why so many doctors in Italy died. This is also the reason why people should avoid coffee shops, buses and airplanes. Sitting next to someone for hours who is infected could be more dangerous than getting it on your hands. Speaking of, I've learned that wearing gloves is a great idea right now because it's impossible to get all the virus off your hands.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear your daughter has it. I would argue that she needs to rest. Also, make sure she is not taking any fever reducers. Those can make the virus more dangerous from what I read. fI have a friend who is a doctor in Michigan and he told me it is possible to get a worse infection form people who are exposed to the virus for long periods of time. He said that is the reason why so many doctors in Italy died. This is also the reason why people should avoid coffee shops, buses and airplanes. Sitting next to someone for hours who is infected could be more dangerous than getting it on your hands. Speaking of, I've learned that wearing gloves is a great idea right now because it's impossible to get all the virus off your hands.
Washing your hands with soap and water for 30 seconds should do it for your hands.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better take care buddy

Tryin. Mission doesnt stop just cause i need to though. Got 16 airmen to look after this weekend. Took 2 advil pm at 11, 80 min ago. Should be out cold.

Life's an adventure. ;)

If the Rona is coursin thru me, you guys get a play by play. Will be sure to include AEs. :hide:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some people don't get it, she may not have been ill, just doesn't get the concept of a mask for containment of a virus. My Mother, prior to her death 3 yrs ago, had a respiratory thing and would cough, just because, it wasn't contagious, she just needed to cough. So the woman in the grocery store may not have had anything......then again, given current circumstances, she could be patient zero in your area. Stay away, stay healthy. It's the new 'normal".

I have a photic sneeze reflex so I often sneeze in sunlight. The last few weeks have been very uncomfortable because it makes people so uneasy

if I had a nickel for every time I’ve said “that was just a sneeze” to someone in the last 2 weeks ...

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wanna get mad again?
If he's going to get charged with assaulting federals and hoarding essential supplies, maybe don't pay him "fair market value"for supplies? I think they just force him to walk the streets with a sign letting everyone know what he did.

so he is obviously a horrible person but I’m not terribly comfortable with the governments position here

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neither of these are my listing

i have several saved searches for grail models and seeing pristine football leather examples come up at attractive prices in other sizes sucks so one of you should buy them

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So bragged about you to my Mother-in-Law at dinner tonight (she lives with us). How you used a shoe bag and a pocket square...brought up the photos. She looked and said, “wow, it looks like it could even double as a jockstrap.”

Iced tea that was in my mouth came out of my nostrils when she said that.

I made the mask for myself, but showed a picture to a son who lives 2 miles away. The next day I had a request for me to make him a mask. An hour later, one for his wife. Later in the day the daughter in law asked if I would make a set for her parents who live nearby. As for a jock strap, hooking the ear straps around one's testicles may get a bit uncomfortable. Everyone stay safe out there and wash your hands.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got out for filling my Thyroid medication. All of a sudden my insurance is allowing me to fill it for 90 days. Before I would need to use their pharmacy for 90 days.
IMG_20200404_084527.jpg

A bit rainy so TS suede on commando is the way to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads