• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have feet, boots are an option.

giphy.gif

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in normal world, many companies would have what was called "Casual Fridays," wherein they allowed employees to wear more casual outfits than usual to the office. Here in Bizarro World, I dressed for the end of my third week of WFH quarantine in black Hopkinsons, grey flannel trousers, white shirt, and navy blazer (skipped the tie, though):

20200403_hopkinsons.jpg

(The weirdest part of this is that I haven't worn anything this dressy to the office in at least 10 years...)

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
love the combo! I’m hoping for warm weather soon
Thanks! The top is a little loud being a bright mid blue sweater.
I thought warm weather was here, but the wind blew last night...
Back in normal world, many companies would have what was called "Casual Fridays," wherein they allowed employees to wear more casual outfits than usual to the office. Here in Bizarro World, I dressed for the end of my third week of WFH quarantine in black Hopkinsons, grey flannel trousers, white shirt, and navy blazer (skipped the tie, though):

View attachment 1365389

(The weirdest part of this is that I haven't worn anything this dressy to the office in at least 10 years...)
Nice; I like this shot.
I wore my navy hopsack and grey PoW suits both this week around the house because I can.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, Filthy Barnweasels! Long time, no talk.

Hope you're all doing your best to stay healthy during this weird time in our lives. Been WFH since 3/16, so AE wears have been few and far between, especially since a couple of the 6-or-so herniated discs in my back decided to flare up right around 3/21. I had a nice week or so of working from bed. Things are pretty much back to normal (no pun intended), so I figured I'd break out my 2nd favorite pair of AEs to celebrate the normalcy. I'm relegated to the basement while Mrs. Donkey and Lil' Donkey use the office and living room upstairs. Please enjoy the lame basement carpet.

Attachments

• IMG_3899.jpg
    IMG_3899.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 29

duc800sie

Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to give my Allen Edmonds Park avenue a new shine but im not sure what color they actually are . could somedody tell out of the picture attached?

thanks a lot Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20200403_183046.jpg
    IMG_20200403_183046.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 30

BFT9000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I just wanted to give my Allen Edmonds Park avenue a new shine but im not sure what color they actually are . could somedody tell out of the picture attached?

thanks a lot Chris

Burgundy Polished Cobbler from 1986. These are corrected grain, so polish will probably wipe right off.

duc800sie

Reaction score
thank you for your quick anwer. so this is some kind of a cheap version? I guess normally park avenues are full grain leather?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads