• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it wrong that I still laugh every time I see one of these...:lol:

I do as well. I get that the left side is real housewives but what is the cat from?

Rithrin

Reaction score
Happy April Fools, folks!

Seemed a good enough excuse to break in my newest pair of boots!

IMG_20200401_111823.jpg

The lunch DoorDasher eyed me strangely, but frankly, what happens during quarantine stays in quarantine. Why waste all this free time when I can prepare for this Fall's renaissance fair?

Maiden voyage today courtesy of the boys at Madison. These are numbered numero uno from last year's run when I put my name down since I'm a special size.

Hampton is my JAM!

Color 8? Maybe it's the lighting, but it looks very purple!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wooster Street all antiqued out. Might work on these some more.
E667C4B8-0226-4A1F-A587-2CB8950526ED.jpeg
C108E3D6-4183-4DC9-A308-ABA93D366AFA.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy April Fools, folks!

Seemed a good enough excuse to break in my newest pair of boots!

The lunch DoorDasher eyed me strangely, but frankly, what happens during quarantine stays in quarantine. Why waste all this free time when I can prepare for this Fall's renaissance fair?

Color 8? Maybe it's the lighting, but it looks very purple!
Thought, ah a larper or renaissance guy. Real question though is how does the leather compare?!? Are you going to recraft with a leather sole??

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to me - arrival...
October of 2012 - made for Nordstrom Rack by AE...I’ve seen a few here before. Basically a tan suede MacNeil called...the Schautal (German for valley).
EC7CF0D4-1624-4916-9A92-85640703490C.jpeg
C71ADA28-213E-4374-8966-96EDDA06DB84.jpeg

DapperAndy

Reaction score
There have been quite a few people showing off the epic-ness of their shoe shines lately, so in appreciation for Allen Edmonds using their factory for creating PPE, I polished up these Weybridges and took some pretty pictures.
mirror-polish-allen-edmonds-weybridge-rocks - 1b.jpg
mirror-polish-allen-edmonds-weybridge-rocks - 2b.jpg
mirror-polish-allen-edmonds-weybridge-rocks - 3b.jpg
mirror-polish-allen-edmonds-weybridge-rocks - 4b.jpg
mirror-polish-allen-edmonds-weybridge-rocks - 5b.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New to me - arrival...
October of 2012 - made for Nordstrom Rack by AE...I’ve seen a few here before. Basically a tan suede MacNeil called...the Schautal (German for valley).
View attachment 1364949
View attachment 1364954

I love, love, love my pair. SUPER soft and comfortable. Much more so than the construction used in the last TS. Too bad they are no longer available.

freshstyle

Reaction score

DapperAndy

Reaction score
sweet. what color is the shoe? and what color cream/polish did you use?
Thanks!

The color is an older "walnut". But, walnut looks different over the years, and whether it is grain leather or calf, etc. It's closest to the modern chili.

I used Pure Polish Walnut Cream for the base color, but these had been in the closet for a while after a few wears and base polish, so they didn't need Cream Coloration this time. What I used to clean them up was some Cleaner Conditioner on the vamp & waist, Black Paste/Wax on the toe, for added shading, and High Shine for the final mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads