• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shark Shelton's

IMG_20200330_100420.jpg
IMG_20200330_113116.jpg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat - and it's getting warmer every day.

Need some help, my dudes. Chili Higgies or Chili Strandies?

I own Chili HM I love them but my vote would be for the more versatile chili strand. I know I'll be buying a chili strand in 2020
unless COVID-19 kills me first that is

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are the new Allen Edmonds shoe bag big enough to hold one single boot?
The grey twofer bags can hold both boots. There's two different sizes (maybe three? I forgot since yesterday when I bagged my boots); the big ones easily hold two boots. The smaller boot ones hold two Fifth Sts, and then the shoe ones hold two shoes or one boot. The 2x shoe bags are still pretty close to the old white boot bags

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The grey twofer bags can hold both boots. There's two different sizes (maybe three? I forgot since yesterday when I bagged my boots); the big ones easily hold two boots. The smaller boot ones hold two Fifth Sts, and then the shoe ones hold two shoes or one boot. The 2x shoe bags are still pretty close to the old white boot bags
Let's not start the Mono-bag discussion.....

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, standard stock item. See here. There's also a Neumok model, and a couple other denim suede models.

Lordy, Lordy those are great. Thank you! So slick.

Good idea.
Do they traditionally knock down shell shoes and belts for the Anniversary Sale? If so what is the usual mark-down

View attachment 1362978

HAHAHA. People have lost their minds!

Local store had Toilet paper (limit 1 package per customer) but EVERY store in my area, from local retailer to Wal*Mart was out of flour of all things. Guess a lot of people staying home baking. The things stores are out of is rather odd, who would have ever expected a shortage of Quinoa?

FLOUR?? I guess everyone is going to get fat baking lots of goodies. Quinoa was out here too... Just when I actually needed to get it.

OH MY. Those are perfection. The high stitches per inch on the welt and SHARK! I do wish those were on my feet. How old are they and what last is that? They look very svelte.

The only thing that would get my goat more was if they were natty shell and shark.... :inlove:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lordy, Lordy those are great. Thank you! So slick.

HAHAHA. People have lost their minds!

FLOUR?? I guess everyone is going to get fat baking lots of goodies. Quinoa was out here too... Just when I actually needed to get it.

OH MY. Those are perfection. The high stitches per inch on the welt and SHARK! I do wish those were on my feet. How old are they and what last is that? They look very svelte.

The only thing that would get my goat more was if they were natty shell and shark.... :inlove:
I found flour at Aldi's, they had pallets of it sitting in the isle, no yeast so had to get that from Wal*Mart (who had no flour) and yes, I baked bread today. Shelter in Place comfort food and all.....
IMG_1783.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is a spirited debate. On one side are people who think any self respecting shoe company, especially for customers ordering an MTO at full retail, should ship a pair of shoe bags, not just one.

On the other side you have ... AE?

In other news, ... Clark Streets.

View attachment 1363645
2 bags = proper, 1 bag = cheap, nuff said.

frosejr

Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoa. I’m surprised this hasn’t been discussed here before.
I realize we are all cooped up at home, but lets not open this "can of worms" again, please. AE is concentrating on masks and such, so can't devote any material/manpower to the proper # of shoe bags for a pair of shoes/boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads