• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local store had Toilet paper (limit 1 package per customer) but EVERY store in my area, from local retailer to Wal*Mart was out of flour of all things. Guess a lot of people staying home baking. The things stores are out of is rather odd, who would have ever expected a shortage of Quinoa?

I did. That's why I've got 36 pounds of organic quinoa in my pantry :crackup:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Out for a drive in the country this afternoon. It's easy to practice social distancing at 30 mph. Blue CXL LWBs for the trip. And who needs Quinoa when a bag of Oreos are in reach?

IMG_8059.jpg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At least as far back as I remember off-hand, the mark-down had been nothing for shell during the anniversary sale but recently they started doing 15% off. Don't think I've seen it more than that. One Christmas/New Year they did like $200 off I think?

yeah the standard markdown for the anniversary sale and RDA is 15% on shell. Sometimes they don't discount shell at all and sometimes a model will be more than 15% off but that is the general rule.

given the economic uncertainty my fingers are crossed for a bigger discount to boost sales

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah the standard markdown for the anniversary sale and RDA is 15% on shell. Sometimes they don't discount shell at all and sometimes a model will be more than $15% off but that is the general rule.

given the economic uncertainty my fingers are crossed for a bigger discount to boost sales

Well.....I guess all bets are off now. The Don just announced extension of the guidelines until April 30th. That will span the entire length of the standard AE anniversary sale. Now I guess we'll have to wait and see what they decide to do.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moved some more river rock this afternoon, then said screw it......I'm going to be home for a few more days

I think that cab would go a lot better with a Diesel :)

Rithrin

Reaction score
I looked this up yesterday when you commented it, I'm confused by it, I may have to actually read how it works other than look at pictures, either way we have bidet's in both bathrooms at home ?

Today I learned about something new... that being said, I have been considering a bidet around here for some time.

They appreciate that. Buy from an SA so they get a cut, or order online so that corporate gets a larger cut of the sale. Hmm... That's a tough one...

Unfortunately the $75 coupon induced me to buy at least one shoe from the website. Still have my eye on an olive PA, which I have every intention to wait until the stores re-open before purchasing. Do we know how much of a cut the SA gets from purchases?

Out for a drive in the country this afternoon. It's easy to practice social distancing at 30 mph. Blue CXL LWBs for the trip. And who needs Quinoa when a bag of Oreos are in reach?

View attachment 1363114

Ah, a true American still exists! In college I used to down whole packages of Oreos in one sitting. Not my proudest moments... but Oreos can be a part of a healthy diet. Just not like that.
(No dig on quinoa eaters, though I prefer freekeh myself)

Speaking of true Americans, I am supposed to be working from home this weekend, but took this opportunity to instead play some Doom Eternal for pretty much the whole day. While wearing appropriate footwear, of course.

IMG_20200323_201034.jpg

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously 36lbs????? I managed to find a 3 lb bag at another store, we are set for a while. I happen to like quinoa as an alternative to rice or potatoes, sometimes.

Yep 3x 12 pound bags. Since a majority of my nearby family are not quite taking this whole things seriously I bought enough of everything that I'd be able to spare some for them if needed.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep 3x 12 pound bags. Since a majority of my nearby family are not quite taking this whole things seriously I bought enough of everything that I'd be able to spare some for them if needed.
Good buy, quinoa is an awesome grain and keeps damn near forever as near as I can tell.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
twitch.tv/bobross

You're welcome.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Further thoughts on the Rainier boots. DO....NOT....BUY.....THEM...... after wearing for about 5 hours, I finally realized that these things are simply not comfortable. Fit is ok, but they are not comfortable. It's hard to explain, but they just are,,,,,,well,,,,,uncomfortable long term. Arch is not good and while in the right place, doesn't support the arch of my feet. Toe Box is not constrictive, but doesn't feel "right". These puppies are going to Goodwill or somewhere like that, I'm not even going to use them for yard work. Same size as the HM's and Normandy/Caen's which fit and feel great. Just something not right withe the Rainiers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads