• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TS Leeds for a first wearing around the house.

113BB3D5-EF21-43C4-AD0B-81DCE51C017D.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if they could essentially work from home, but I guess they don't have the ability to remote in to the sales system. Alternatively, if they offered a give sales credit to (name) field into online sales... Seems unlikely, though, since that takes money from corporate.
Good idea.
Do they traditionally knock down shell shoes and belts for the Anniversary Sale? If so what is the usual mark-down

Errands yesterday morning. Sam's has had police guarding the toilet paper upon store opening.
3u9fu4.jpg

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good idea.
Do they traditionally knock down shell shoes and belts for the Anniversary Sale? If so what is the usual mark-down

At least as far back as I remember off-hand, the mark-down had been nothing for shell during the anniversary sale but recently they started doing 15% off. Don't think I've seen it more than that. One Christmas/New Year they did like $200 off I think?

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that they could find a way to close the stores but allow you to contact your SA for your order.

That would have been great, but I think their whole inventory and register system is extremely antiquated and wouldn't allow for that kind of thing without a big upgrade.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least as far back as I remember off-hand, the mark-down had been nothing for shell during the anniversary sale but recently they started doing 15% off. Don't think I've seen it more than that. One Christmas/New Year they did like $200 off I think?

If shell does go on sale, I am going to have some chili problems.

DawgPound

Reaction score
Food for thought...you could use the $75 off last day it expires, then if they have a bigger discount during the anniversary sale, you could return and repurchase or call and see if they’ll adjust the price. Food for thought that I’ve been considering. The key in this approach is a little patience.

freshstyle

Reaction score
Which ones? Chili is a standard color on some models (on website). Burgundy/black/brown has been added to all standard shell models, so now you can get a burgundy Strand or brown Dalton anytime you want.
Bourbon, green, blue are still trunk show specials only

I was mainly talking about chili and burgundy.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Errands yesterday morning. Sam's has had police guarding the toilet paper upon store opening.

Local store had Toilet paper (limit 1 package per customer) but EVERY store in my area, from local retailer to Wal*Mart was out of flour of all things. Guess a lot of people staying home baking. The things stores are out of is rather odd, who would have ever expected a shortage of Quinoa?

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If shell does go on sale, I am going to have some chili problems.

That makes four of us.

I dont know who the other two are but i figured at least two more of these ruffians would join in.

Cleaning and decluttering today. Spotty weather and unsure of what I'll discover yields Sturgis 2.0.

IMG_20200329_131132_411.jpg

Got momentarily worried when I found this guy but couldn't remember where the rest of him went.

IMG_20200329_115727_592.jpg

I can happily announce that I will remain unaffected by the great quinoa shortage of 2020.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That makes four of us.

I dont know who the other two are but i figured at least two more of these ruffians would join in.

Cleaning and decluttering today. Spotty weather and unsure of what I'll discover yields Sturgis 2.0.

View attachment 1363011

Got momentarily worried when I found this guy but couldn't remember where the rest of him went.

View attachment 1363012

I can happily announce that I will remain unaffected by the great quinoa shortage of 2020.
Given the patina on the ring, I'm pretty sure he would have announced himself a while ago. Oh, they were out of rice as well.....

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No matter how ****** a shoe that AE makes, I find them very wearable. Although I am not a fan of the Tupelo sole and the fact that it is a feather welt. I have come to like the shoe. Bellevue is certainly not a Dundee but the upper is great and it handles crappy weather well. Even the Wooster Street is pretty good and there is nothing that I like about that POS. But since I stripped it, it works. But give me an old McTavish, MacNeil, or any old school welt and I am in Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads