• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshstyle

Reaction score
Are these new cordovan colors limited run? Or are they now part of the normal production?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are these new cordovan colors limited run? Or are they now part of the normal production?
Which ones? Chili is a standard color on some models (on website). Burgundy/black/brown has been added to all standard shell models, so now you can get a burgundy Strand or brown Dalton anytime you want.
Bourbon, green, blue are still trunk show specials only

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No shoe pics to share but I do have this. I just got a smoker a few weeks ago and this is the second brisket I’ve done. Pretty good way to spend time when you’re stuck at home. Hope you’re all well!

View attachment 1362815 View attachment 1362816

I claim no expertise in brisket other than being able to eat it. With that said, yours looks terrific. Being on lockdown means more Netflix time and there is a great episiode of The Chef Show, season 1, with Aaron Franklin of Franklin's BBQ where they discuss and show the trimming of a brisket. More importantly, WHY it is trimmed the way he does it. Makes for good watching if one is inclined to make brisket.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hungry!
I've been eating non-stop since this virus stay home order kicked in. Wouldn't mind eating that brisket all day!
I claim no expertise in brisket other than being able to eat it. With that said, yours looks terrific. Being on lockdown means more Netflix time and there is a great episiode of The Chef Show, season 1, with Aaron Franklin of Franklin's BBQ where they discuss and show the trimming of a brisket. More importantly, WHY it is trimmed the way he does it. Makes for good watching if one is inclined to make brisket.
Thanks guys. I'm still a rookie but I was very pleased. I watched some of those Franklin videos in preparation for this brisket. I found trimming to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be but I assume it'll get easier with practice. I rubbed this one down with mustard and Worcestershire sauce then added the rub (coarse ground black pepper, kosher salt, granulated garlic, onion powder, and chili powder), and put it on the smoker for around 11 hours, mostly at 220. I wrapped it in foil at 175 and put in a stick of butter to get the rub nice and moist then I upped the smoker temp to around 250 to finish it off for a few hours.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time to pick up a few groceries.
3F9DC7E7-B72C-4962-97AA-2DE2D0BCB01F.jpeg

Tupelo works well on a rainy day.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm still a rookie but I was very pleased. I watched some of those Franklin videos in preparation for this brisket. I found trimming to be a little more difficult than I thought it would be but I assume it'll get easier with practice. I rubbed this one down with mustard and Worcestershire sauce then added the rub (coarse ground black pepper, kosher salt, granulated garlic, onion powder, and chili powder), and put it on the smoker for around 11 hours, mostly at 220. I wrapped it in foil at 175 and put in a stick of butter to get the rub nice and moist then I upped the smoker temp to around 250 to finish it off for a few hours.
Now I know why I will never have a smoker.

DawgPound

Reaction score
That’s one popular way to do it. I haven’t tried it yet...I’ve been using Aaron’s and Malcom Reed’s ways and tweaking them to my own liking. Generally, rub brisket, smoke at 250-275, wrap around 6 hours (160* +/-) with butcher paper to finish off, then rest it. Process doesn’t matter as long as the results are good! That looks pretty good!

Oh! And to make this about shoes, it provides a lot of time to be on Styleforum talking about shoes!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like I lost out on the chance for a brown suede Strand. I have emailed my store and asked for a few items if they can find them when they resume store operations. I am holding firm to buy only at brick and mortar.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Errands yesterday morning. Sam's has had police guarding the toilet paper upon store opening.

IMG_20200328_100827.jpg
IMG_20200328_120919.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like I lost out on the chance for a brown suede Strand. I have emailed my store and asked for a few items if they can find them when they resume store operations. I am holding firm to buy only at brick and mortar.
They appreciate that. Buy from an SA so they get a cut, or order online so that corporate gets a larger cut of the sale. Hmm... That's a tough one...

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They appreciate that. Buy from an SA so they get a cut, or order online so that corporate gets a larger cut of the sale. Hmm... That's a tough one...
I was hoping that they could find a way to close the stores but allow you to contact your SA for your order.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my practice has always been to buy from my SA whenever possible. If when the April sale starts, the new shell offerings are discounted and the stores are still closed I’m going to be in a tough spot

maybe they can staff the stores for telephone orders?

this is going to give a bunch of retailers the opportunity to transition away from brick and mortar but hopefully not AE

shoes are tactile after all

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was hoping that they could find a way to close the stores but allow you to contact your SA for your order.
It would be awesome if they could essentially work from home, but I guess they don't have the ability to remote in to the sales system. Alternatively, if they offered a give sales credit to (name) field into online sales... Seems unlikely, though, since that takes money from corporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads