• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure @mreams99 agrees :p
AD268987-7C68-4AC8-B405-FA8FBF6E77F9.jpeg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not exactly inspiring confidence on these. I looked at the Patton in the store a couple times; main issue to me is that it's basically a rehash of the Normandy & HM sort of fused into a smaller boot. I was drawn to the gray because of the more unique color.
I believe the description of the Patton is basically a Normandy rehash.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am getting to the end of unpacking after the move and I thought I had the shoe distribution sorted out. Pretty pleased with where they were located and it seemed under control. Then I found three more boxes! :brick:

Southwick

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I’m a veteran of the group who has kind of fallen by the wayside because of the volume of posts. I’ve searched and can’t find the answer to this, so I apologize if its been asked, but is Port Washington still accepting recrafting orders?

lcdx22

Reaction score
I may be selling my Shell Chili Strand in 13EEE. Wore them 2 times and regret it. Just sightly too big. I tried a standard leather insert and it just doesn't fix it enough. :(

Any other suggestions on inserts that take up room?

Or maybe get them recrafted? I recently recrfted another pair and came back fitting much tighter. Was told by CS that since the replace the welt they have to see it in a couple millimeters to the inside which causes the shoes to be tighter.

So maybe a recraft may make these fit better.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I may be selling my Shell Chili Strand in 13EEE. Wore them 2 times and regret it. Just sightly too big. I tried a standard leather insert and it just doesn't fix it enough. :(

Any other suggestions on inserts that take up room?

Or maybe get them recrafted? I recently recrfted another pair and came back fitting much tighter. Was told by CS that since the replace the welt they have to see it in a couple millimeters to the inside which causes the shoes to be tighter.

So maybe a recraft may make these fit better.
Is it your normal size, and they just lasted looser? They seem to do that on trunk show shoes. I added tongue pads to my Hamiltons today for that reason. They feel much better now.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys, I’m a veteran of the group who has kind of fallen by the wayside because of the volume of posts. I’ve searched and can’t find the answer to this, so I apologize if its been asked, but is Port Washington still accepting recrafting orders?

If you're asking if they are accepting a recraft right now, I'm not sure.

If you're asking if they are accepting them at all, then the answer is - yes for GYW, from PW or from the DR, no for the bologna flex cemented stuff, cup sole, sneakers or any of that, and not sure about the handsewns now.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it your normal size, and they just lasted looser? They seem to do that on trunk show shoes. I added tongue pads to my Hamiltons today for that reason. They feel much better now.

I think I'm with you on this one - I can't speak to trunk shows but sometimes they just last something looser than usual. Tongue pads if necessary or some kind of very thin drugstore insert. He's probably right, a recraft might fix the issue but you can only recraft so many times and I wouldn't waste an opportunity until they've seen sufficient wear and tear.

Southwick

Reaction score
If you're asking if they are accepting a recraft right now, I'm not sure.

If you're asking if they are accepting them at all, then the answer is - yes for GYW, from PW or from the DR, no for the bologna flex cemented stuff, cup sole, sneakers or any of that, and not sure about the handsewns now.
Gracias. I was wondering if they were even up and running. thanks again for the response.

Reactions: EZB

lcdx22

Reaction score

All of my 65 lasted shoes are 13EEE. But I always thought I could go with a 12.5EEE. however last 2 pairs (1 trunk show 1 2nd) feel much much looser. So based on what they've been making lately I'm definitely a 12.5 EEE.

frosejr

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads