• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gents please try this marinade for your bison or whatever you cook bake BBQ etc etc. No skin in the game but it is awesome, does not overpower the meat, non-meat or whatever you are cooking; can be mixed with your homemade marinade. I love it on Lucky Charms! Seriously with a porterhouse baked at 350 30 minutes you WILL be hitting that juice for your potatoes or rice after the meat is gone. Try to marinate over night but not required. I have it bad and do shots from the bottle and am currently attending AA (Allegro Anonymous)! Enjoy! View attachment 1362304
Have used it, and +1 for your comments!

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And I don't care if I wear shoes in the house because:
IMG_1761.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up some more bison yesterday at Sprouts. They even had some elk patties, which I almost bought. My wife has a way of marinating the meats and it always comes out delicious. I'm not sure exactly how she does it, as there's a combination of sauces she uses from the Chinese Grocery. It's the only time I've been out of my home this week.

Does anyone know when this extra 20% off expires? I wanted to see if I could buy through a sales associate, but Lord knows when people will return to work.

frosejr

Reaction score
I miss my Strandmok 2.0. Such a fantastic shoe and unlined albeit.

I am way behind, are those from the TS?
Nope, standard stock item. See here. There's also a Neumok model, and a couple other denim suede models.

Resipsaloquitor

Reaction score
Forgot to take a picture of my shoes today (was wearing rust stinger Beckleys) but did take a picture of the line of people waiting to get into the Trader Joe's on Olympic and Stoner in West Los Angeles around 9:30am today.

There was a line because they were only allowing fifty people in at a time. Inside they had plenty of everything, other than toilet paper. There was a limit of two of any item per customer, except for cases of water and bottles of liquor, where the limit was one per customer.

Got everything on my list and resisted the temptation to get a package of orange cranberry scones. Several people in the line was fooling around with their cell phones. Wonder how many of them had seen the billboard across the street and were ordering some marijuana?

View attachment 1357507
Necro response but that is my old neigjborhood!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why are they smashed?
I have no clue. I have plenty of boots without the toe counter smashing in. It only happened on this pair after like 2 wears. Left is much worse. I have asked if the boot is constructed with any different materials or process and the answer I received as that they did not have complaints about this. Which by the way, does not answer the question about materials and process. Makes me think that for the grey kudu, they may have put in softer toe stiffeners than with other boots. I am going to wear these as an experiment to see just how bad they look over time. It seems that they are not getting worse but time will tell.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no clue. I have plenty of boots without the toe counter smashing in. It only happened on this pair after like 2 wears. Left is much worse. I have asked if the boot is constructed with any different materials or process and the answer I received as that they did not have complaints about this. Which by the way, does not answer the question about materials and process. Makes me think that for the grey kudu, they may have put in softer toe stiffeners than with other boots. I am going to wear these as an experiment to see just how bad they look over time. It seems that they are not getting worse but time will tell.
Hmmm... The grey kudu is what I wanted to get. Now I’m having second thoughts.
Maybe you should submit an online review to document the issue.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Necro response but that is my old neigjborhood!

There is now much less traffic than there used to be.

IMG_4192.jpeg

Took this picture shortly after 9:00am on Thursday. Was wearing Oakmonts at the time but didn't take a picture of them.

Resipsaloquitor

Reaction score
There is now much less traffic than there used to be.

View attachment 1362507

Took this picture shortly after 9:00am on Thursday. Was wearing Oakmonts at the time but didn't take a picture of them.
Wow amazing views and videos of desolate LA and NYC streets.
Just saw that another former stomping ground (I am a military brat) just got the stay at home order....Kansas. Only good thing about the whole epic bad situation is my Kansas Jayhawks were ranked numero uno going in to March Madness so they “technically” are College Basketball Champions??? Yes Chef; No Chef?

All of the situations we currently run through our heads or conversations we are having are SO surreal that we are even having them.
Oh and BTW set yourself up for next season’s “March Madness” with your spouse or sig by spending some time cleaning up a pair if shoes whilst’ watching the Hallmark Channels’s “March Madness”! Get some good “honey done” points during the current crisis.

Carry on!

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up some more bison yesterday at Sprouts. They even had some elk patties, which I almost bought. My wife has a way of marinating the meats and it always comes out delicious. I'm not sure exactly how she does it, as there's a combination of sauces she uses from the Chinese Grocery. It's the only time I've been out of my home this week.

Does anyone know when this extra 20% off expires? I wanted to see if I could buy through a sales associate, but Lord knows when people will return to work.

Typically they've run this thing for about a week, with a couple days in between this sale and the start of the Anniversary Sale the first week of April. I was really hoping they'd take a cue from GS, maybe change things up a little in light of what's going on (namely all of the business closures) but doesn't seem like it. Maybe they'll prove me totally wrong and extend it, but I doubt it.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not exactly inspiring confidence on these. I looked at the Patton in the store a couple times; main issue to me is that it's basically a rehash of the Normandy & HM sort of fused into a smaller boot. I was drawn to the gray because of the more unique color.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw that another former stomping ground (I am a military brat) just got the stay at home order....Kansas. Only good thing about the whole epic bad situation is my Kansas Jayhawks were ranked numero uno going in to March Madness so they “technically” are College Basketball Champions??? Yes Chef; No Chef?
Pretty sure @mreams99 agrees :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads