• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know it is wingtip Wednesday, but continuing with my Strandmok week for last day at the office.
View attachment 1360783
Although still at a critical business, my function can WFH.

Continue to be safe out there.
I am considered an office worker but cannot work from home since I spend a lot of time with the lines. Most of my people work from home though.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started to WFH this week.
Yesterday, I wore canvas chinos and a button-down shirt. My wife asked “you dressed up to work from home?”

So today I dressed it down a little. Denim and flannel. I also wore these
MacNeils for the first time. (I’ve had them in cold storage for a couple years.)
D0FEBAAD-E514-4991-8991-AC22B3A025F0.jpeg
62F399D7-5DB8-4E53-BD15-8D6A98D103C1.jpeg

Stay healthy, everyone.

lemmy127

Reaction score
I have been looking at this but my stop all non-essential purchases is getting in the way of buying.
View attachment 1360578
This is a steal now.

I'm glad I resisted the temptation to get these when they were available in my size this weekend.

My wife got a phone call last night that all her shifts for the next month are cancelled. Who would have thought that a health care worker would be furloughed right now? The hospital is trying to keep as low of a patient census as possible for when **** hits the fan, so there aren't enough physical therapy patients for the full-time staff, let alone the part-timers like her.

We'll be fine as long as she can start working again before Halloween or so, but we'd feel way better about the situation if we hadn't spent a ton of our savings on projects in our new house during the past three months. Like I kinda regret buying the washer and dryer that's being delivered and installed today... then again, the dryer is a literal fire hazard. The lint trap is broken and replacement parts don't exist because the dryer is older than me (33). And since our home warranty is apparently a scam, they won't replace it for us. According to them, the lint trap isn't considered part of the dryer, and any repair done by me to jerry-rig it would invalidate the warranty on the whole dryer.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm glad I resisted the temptation to get these when they were available in my size this weekend.

My wife got a phone call last night that all her shifts for the next month are cancelled. Who would have thought that a health care worker would be furloughed right now? The hospital is trying to keep as low of a patient census as possible for when **** hits the fan, so there aren't enough physical therapy patients for the full-time staff, let alone the part-timers like her.

We'll be fine as long as she can start working again before Halloween or so, but we'd feel way better about the situation if we hadn't spent a ton of our savings on projects in our new house during the past three months. Like I kinda regret buying the washer and dryer that's being delivered and installed today... then again, the dryer is a literal fire hazard. The lint trap is broken and replacement parts don't exist because the dryer is older than me (33). And since our home warranty is apparently a scam, they won't replace it for us. According to them, the lint trap isn't considered part of the dryer, and any repair done by me to jerry-rig it would invalidate the warranty on the whole dryer.
My son is a DPT at a local hospital, so far they are not reducing staff in his department, but it could be on the way as hospital is limiting admissions. The new washer/dryer sound like a needed purchase, since a dryer fire at this time would not be good. Stay healthy!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My bank closed one of its branches last week. They are rotating staff at the bigger location to ensure they have a “clean” location if some of their staff comes down with it.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An on an unrelated note: I never realized how much the guitar vamp under the main vocals of "La Grange" sounds like the guitar vamp under the vocals of "Spirit in the Sky" (I know, different tempos, different feels, more distortion in one than in the other, etc... Still...).

BTW: I was looking at the "Got Extra Time on Your Hands?" email from AE when I had this thought. And that's how we keep it on point.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, speaking of great guitar songs*, Fender is doing its part in the quarantine by offering 3 months worth of online guitar (or bass, or ukelele) lessons for free: fender.com/playthrough

ETA: * which La Grange certainly is; not so sure I'd put Spirit in the Sky in that category...

Last edited:

frosejr

Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday is another excuse for me to pair casual shoes and formal clothes. Enzo suit with new Cherry Neumoks. Super comfortable shoes.
578C2699-BD29-48EC-8CBC-72486ECE5F49.jpeg

RJG

Reaction score
With way too much time on my hands...help me identify my Mora 2.0 double monks as cordovan - or non cordovan leather.

Quick search has made me more confused.

According to : https://shellcordovanmodels.com/#Allen Edmonds they are saying :

2989 - Mora 2.0 - Brown - same model number used for non-Shell Cordovan pairs

Somebody please chime in with the white numbered stamp of '35097' for further clarification - what's that ?
Here's what I'm referring to - see photo.

Thanks. Stay safe folks !

Attachments

• mora2.JPG
    mora2.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 18

lemmy127

Reaction score
With way too much time on my hands...help me identify my Mora 2.0 double monks as cordovan - or non cordovan leather.

Quick search has made me more confused.

According to : https://shellcordovanmodels.com/#Allen Edmonds they are saying :

2989 - Mora 2.0 - Brown - same model number used for non-Shell Cordovan pairs

Somebody please chime in with the white numbered stamp of '35097' for further clarification - what's that ?
Here's what I'm referring to - see photo.

Thanks. Stay safe folks !

Honestly, if you just upload a few photos of them, we should be able to identify if they're shell or not based on the pictures alone. Once you have an eye for it, the only thing that can fool you is a glossy pair of unworn corrected grain leather... which the Mora wasn't made in.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The workhorse. My most worn pair and fit like a glove. Black shell is just so good.

IMG_20200325_094118.jpg
IMG_20200325_094150.jpg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
D904F0D5-D5CC-481A-B033-79EB885C7135.jpeg

not sure why I got this dressed up to come to the office just to feed the fish

social conventions aside, since urine is sterile I suppose there's no real harm in peeing in the sink of an empty office ... right?

asking for a friend, obviously

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, if you just upload a few photos of them, we should be able to identify if they're shell or not based on the pictures alone. Once you have an eye for it, the only thing that can fool you is a glossy pair of unworn corrected grain leather... which the Mora wasn't made in.
Agreed. Super easy to identify vs calf.

Reactions: RJG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads