• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Higgins
55BD0EA0-46A3-4368-8B98-CCD29BC0D85C.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last off topic post:

I've been waiting for this to stock market crash to happen because the housing situation in California is unsustainable and sooner or later it will collapse anyway. It's obviously going to take more time to trigger a housing crash, but I think if they don't find a cure for the virus, there's a good chance we'll see prices go back to 2014 in LA (eventually). The biggest question I want to know the answer to is when the Fed cuts interest rates to zero or near zero, will that really help? I'll add that I noticed a few new listings on Zillow popped up today and yesterday for my area. I think those people know we've hit the peak.

@manowar With you being a pianist, I wanted to share the Brahms Intermezzos are my favorite composition ever written for solo piano. I listen to them often when my wife and I are going to sleep.

To keep this AE related, I was looking at my bourbon Strands tonight and realize I'm so sad to send these back. They look so good (aside from the wrong stitching) that I'm thinking crazy thoughts of keeping them. Someone talk some sense into me.

View attachment 1346215
My thoughts on the shoes. Having regret and disappointment can taint them for a long time. You paid a lot of money for them, and if what you asked for was ignored then you can ask for a solution. That said, I think they uppers look great. The stitching can be a bit surprising at first, but I actually don't mind the dark stitch in my buff welt.

Decide what's going to make you the happiest and go that route. I'd hate for you to live with something that's beautiful but flawed enough to where you consider selling them; it's unnecessary heart ache.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my pair yesterday. Great boots.
Mine have V tread soles.

I have two other HIggies, one each with dainite and leather.
I like the Vtread best. I spent the day yesterday, in between files and calls, wondering if I should switch my 2 TS orders to V tread. Decided against it, as I already asked Ashley to switch them from leather to butyl. I figured one more switch, she'd tell me to stuff it! But going forward, I'm all in for V tread.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore my pair yesterday. Great boots.
Mine have V tread soles.

I have two other HIggies, one each with dainite and leather.
I like the Vtread best. I spent the day yesterday, in between files and calls, wondering if I should switch my 2 TS orders to V tread. Decided against it, as I already asked Ashley to switch them from leather to butyl. I figured one more switch, she'd tell me to stuff it! But going forward, I'm all in for V tread.
Don't fear the butyl. Both my TS are on it. So are my pre-TS MTO Fifth Sts, and I had the opportunity to customize a lot more than even the generous TS options.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last off topic post:

I've been waiting for this to stock market crash to happen because the housing situation in California is unsustainable and sooner or later it will collapse anyway. It's obviously going to take more time to trigger a housing crash, but I think if they don't find a cure for the virus, there's a good chance we'll see prices go back to 2014 in LA (eventually). The biggest question I want to know the answer to is when the Fed cuts interest rates to zero or near zero, will that really help? I'll add that I noticed a few new listings on Zillow popped up today and yesterday for my area. I think those people know we've hit the peak.

@manowar With you being a pianist, I wanted to share the Brahms Intermezzos are my favorite composition ever written for solo piano. I listen to them often when my wife and I are going to sleep.

To keep this AE related, I was looking at my bourbon Strands tonight and realize I'm so sad to send these back. They look so good (aside from the wrong stitching) that I'm thinking crazy thoughts of keeping them. Someone talk some sense into me.

View attachment 1346215
This may not be the kind of sense you're looking for, but I'd have a really hard time sending those back, regardless of the wrong welt stitching; they're gorgeous!

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off Topic. But I dont wanna zombie up the Adidas thread.

Weather forecast for Romania: very wet with a 100% chance of falling panties

49600380842_f62326071e_o.jpg

Last edited:

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you locked in your losses. Everyone I know who f*cked themselves in 2008 did this too. Resist the urge.

Yep, the market will turn back up. If the country came back in the 30s, this will be fine. It may be the proverbial sandwich of which we all have to take a bite, but everything's temporary.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Before everyone gets all crazy about COVID-19, keep in mind that the virus is a novel virus. Death rates are already dropping in whuhan. As of now the Coronavirus is estimated to having an overall mortality rate of 2%. People admitted to the hospital is at 15%. SARS had a mortality rate of 9% and MERS was at 34%. COVID-19 is less deadly but may be more transmissible. Unfortunately you cannot cure a virus. It is not like a bacterial infection that can be treated with antibiotics. At this point if you get the virus, you can only treat the symptoms. A vaccine can be created once we have enough time for health organizations to isolate and create the vaccine. In people who are already sick in the hospital, there mortality rate is about 45%. I am not sure where the panic is coming from.

I have no quarrel over all with your point, I'd just comment that we ought not make the blunder of having excess confidence in the wests ability to handle a virus outbreak like this. Keep in mind that China shut down large portions of their economy and locked down over 100m citizens in the biggest quarantine regime in history. Ever seen that happen before? Me neither. I doubt they did it for no reason. China is hardly some back woods country with no medical capacity. It would not be smart to underestimate the potential impact on society of this virus. I'd agree that there is no sense in panic but that's in large part because there is only so much than can be done (to your point).

Now to figure out shoes for my Aunt's 20th (err 80th) birthday party today before I isolate the family for the next 6 months! ;)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope. Regular moron
So is making a living by taking pictures of your ass on UTube and Instagram, but it is a thing. Just like the dress sneaker.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no quarrel over all with your point, I'd just comment that we ought not make the blunder of having excess confidence in the wests ability to handle a virus outbreak like this. Keep in mind that China shut down large portions of their economy and locked down over 100m citizens in the biggest quarantine regime in history. Ever seen that happen before? Me neither. I doubt they did it for no reason. China is hardly some back woods country with no medical capacity. It would not be smart to underestimate the potential impact on society of this virus. I'd agree that there is no sense in panic but that's in large part because there is only so much than can be done (to your point).

Now to figure out shoes for my Aunt's 20th (err 80th) birthday party today before I isolate the family for the next 6 months! ;)

Well they're doing a maaaassssive disinformation campaign now, blaming the US for it so.... lulz.

Of note is the fact that nobody knows the "news" station this originated from, when the video came out, or who the people in the video are. They handily blurred the bottom portion before release so that the info that COULD identify anyone involved is unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads