• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just received a questionnaire about dress sneakers from AE.

Deeply flawed. About 20 questions, all being variations of Tell us why you love our dress sneakers and how much of your hard earned dough you will giveus for them. they never asked if I like any of them. Which I really don’t. Blech!

get ready for the Strand sneaker and the Park sneaker! Really AE??
Change your inputs for different survey

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just received a questionnaire about dress sneakers from AE.

Deeply flawed. About 20 questions, all being variations of Tell us why you love our dress sneakers and how much of your hard earned dough you will giveus for them. they never asked if I like any of them. Which I really don’t. Blech!

get ready for the Strand sneaker and the Park sneaker! Really AE??
A Park Ave SNEAKER!!!!! That is blasphemy!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my new Brown Tupelos (which @Shoenut pretty much single-handedly weaseled me into, whether he knows it or not):

View attachment 1345969

(I guess I should have avoided putting wax on the vamps... Oh, well, live and learn...)
All you need is some brown Shell Cordavan Creme for those. It works wonders.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So in the closet cleanup, found these patina monsters. was thinking of selling, or donating, but think I'll keep these puppies. Circa 2005 (could be 1995)
IMG_1232.jpeg
Fifth Ave's.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So in the closet cleanup, found these patina monsters. was thinking of selling, or donating, but think I'll keep these puppies. Circa 2005 (could be 1995) View attachment 1346012 Fifth Ave's.
With all your unneeded dress shoes, you should find one to donate to Preston at The Elegant Oxford and ask that he makes a video on them.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So in the closet cleanup, found these patina monsters. was thinking of selling, or donating, but think I'll keep these puppies. Circa 2005 (could be 1995) View attachment 1346012 Fifth Ave's.
Toss them. The right shoe lacing pattern on the right side is under, under, OVER!

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How would one go about this? I'm not opposed to doing it.
same question. I have a pair of PAs with cracked uppers but brand new soles. I want to throw them away but they have brand new unblemished soles so I can't bring myself to do it. I want to donate them but they have cracked uppers so I can't bring myself to do that either.

It's like a constant reminder that for some reason I spent $130 (or whatever AE charges) getting shoes with cracked uppers recrafted. Was I drunk? Did I not even look at them before sending them off? I think I was likely both drunk and not paying attention when I made that particular decision. In any event I have been trying to figure out what to do with them and giving them to someone who will chop them up or burn them on video sounds about right.

unless anyone here wants them to do the same thing

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
same question. I have a pair of PAs with cracked uppers but brand new soles. I want to throw them away but they have brand new unblemished soles so I can't bring myself to do it. I want to donate them but they have cracked uppers so I can't bring myself to do that either.

It's like a constant reminder that for some reason I spent $130 (or whatever AE charges) getting shoes with cracked uppers recrafted. Was I drunk? Did I not even look at them before sending them off? I think I was likely both drunk and not paying attention when I made that particular decision. In any event I have been trying to figure out what to do with them and giving them to someone who will chop them up or burn them on video sounds about right

for science
FWIW,,,,,,I have spent a lot of $$$ on shoes/boots while drunk....I like the idea of a bandsaw cutting them in half...

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offensive???

Not here, just in reference to some of the thoughts I read on Reddit when the Overlord was new. People didn't like making a cap toe oxford into a casual shoe. Nothing wrong with their opinion, it just isn't how I see it. The Overlord was one of the most interesting designs I've seen in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads